Martha's Quarry Wilson Co. TN.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First time at this site. Ive been wonting to dive this quarry for a long time. This quarry is over a 1/2 mile wide, really, really big. Vis was not that good but there was a lot of other divers there also and OW classes. The crusher house (3 stories tall) was the best part of the whole dive you could get in and out real easy but once again there was a lot of divers in there and all of the OW instructors use the top of the crusher house as there training platform. Lots of fish in and around the buildings also dove on the bus this took us about 40 min surface swim to just get to it to me it was not worth the surface swim. The owner did say that in about the next month he was going to have a pontoon boat to take divers to the other side of the quarry so you wont have to do that ungodly long surface swim. we did not to get to see eveything in the quarry but you could dive here a whole year and not see every thing in this monster of a quarry. $15.00 to get in , $5.00 air fills. opens 1200 noon fri. until 6ish pm on sunday. you can camp there all weekend and pay nothing more. they have sat. night dives. All in all this was a agreat dive and will go back.

Good report. I keep meaning to get down there.

Hopefully before the end of the summer.

Chad

Sounds like we need to put it on the short list Chad.

Lets go. We will get there sometime this summer.

Chad

Im going to try and get back up there in a few weeks hope to see ya'll there.

I have been diving Martha's since 1990 and still haven't gotten bored with it. In fact, each year, it seems like they have added something new or at least moved a few things around.

I also appreciate how well-run it is. They are very safety-conscious and friendly to boot. Being landlocked in Nashville, I'm really glad to have such a kewl site within driving distance. (The next closest is Cerulean, I think, and the vis isn't as good and I always feel like I smell like a catfish when I leave there.)

Those of you that haven't made it out there yet will be pleasantly surprised, I think. Well, before I start sounding like a Martha's ad, I'll end this note. :D

Only been there a few times, but have had a great time (even the one time that it stormed & vis wasn't that great). Camped there once on a Friday nite & had the whole quarry to ourselves!!! I think Fred said that he wasn't going to be open on Friday's anymore unless he could be guaranteed a certain number of people. Rock crusher is definately fun to swim in, but have also been down to the underwater kitchen (can get pretty chilly down there) and dove through the underwater forest. LOTS of fish but they are kind of aggressive! Going out there again next weekend..hoping the rain will stay away this week so that the vis will be just as terrific as the first weekend I went!!!!!

Cindy
:turtle:

Has any one been to Marthas lately. just wondering I have not gotten a chance to go back this year,.

No, we went early this summer but haven't gotten back down there again. It was a great dive and I hope to get back soon.

Chad

Hey Rogue.
Thanks for refreshing this post, I have not been there, and Im looking for new sites all the time.
Thanks for the report, its now on my NEXT list.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom