Marking delrin.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Another stupid question from me, I'm afraid...

I need to put my name on various pieces of delrin (my Scout lights, battery canister, spool, etc.) - what is the best way to do it? Paint? Stencil/spraypaint? Decal?

I need something long lasting but not so permanent that I cannot remove it later (in case I need to sell something).

I use either a paint marker or mailbox stickers. I prefer reflective mailbox stickers for my initials because they are very visible underwater. It makes identifying teammates very easy.

If this were in another sevtion of the forum maybe more folks can see it. unless you really want the "DIR way or marking Delrin" I use a Sharpie

DREMMEL !!!! I 'engraved' things with a dremmel. If you need to sell it....... dremmel over the original.

I modify and fiddle with Delrin constantly.

Use a soldering gun tip. Brand it.

Or, lash together a couple three of those machinists "letter punches", heat them with a torch and press. Get them cheap from Harbor Freight Tools.

Wait until you discover Kydex (They make airplane interiors and holsters out of it)

Soggy:
I prefer reflective mailbox stickers for my initials because they are very visible underwater. It makes identifying teammates very easy.
Soggy, are these on your light can?

WaterDawg:
If this were in another sevtion of the forum maybe more folks can see it.

Good point - I guess subconciously I just didn't want to reveal my ignorance to the rest of SB (not that they can't see it anyway...) :D

Thank you for the tips, everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom