Marker to write your name on fins, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a used set of Scubapro jet fins on ebay and the owner had written his initials on the bottom side of the fins. I thought, cool, I'll remove his ink and put my initials there. So, I took some paint thinner to it and it turned from white to green, but didn't come off. So, I broke out the muratic acid and nothing. I had to sand the in off, buff the rubber and wrote mine with a permanent marker. But after drying, they still smudge. I have these paint marking pens I bought at the local welding store that I may try. Boy, would I like to know what he used.

So, anyone got a proven marker or paint to mark your name on rubber that won't come off easy (like his didn't)?

Either paint markers or metal markers should be pretty durable.

I use a Sharpie but find I need to re-id my stuff every 6 months or so. In Sharpie's defense I get wet 3-6 times a week so it might last a bit longer for folks use dive with less frequency.

I use white paint markers on most of my gear, on my tanks I use a sharpie. The paint should stay on the rubber, I have had issues using it on neoprene.

I use paint pens . Yellow and white on neopren you have to go over it several time . let it dry and repeat till it shows up . In 2 years I have only had to touch up my fins due to ware once

bright orange paint pen for me. Works great and lasts for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom