Marisa-T...about the Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This FG trip is for advanced divers only, with 50+ dives, experience in currents, rough sea entry/exits and below 60ft. As you mentioned the FG's are over 8 hours and 100mile out to sea. That is NOT the place to realize your skill level isn't high enough. Nor is it the place to have an accident. So for that reason, I restrict the divers to those who have the experience.

So get out and dive more, get some more experience, and go on next years trip with us!

Hope to see you at Clear Springs sometime.

I feel Dee is right about FG though, it's not a place to learn (although I've never made the trip). Get comfortable with low vis. (though the vis. at FG can be great), manipulating currents, and doing un-guided dives. Just 2 foot chop can make boarding a challenge (you may have had that in G.C.), but 4 to 5 foot waves...umm...and that far out with only one dive boat...plus conflicting surface and depth currents....

May I suggest a trip to Gulf Breeze or Panama City, FL. to do some Gulf diving to see the diff. between that and Caribbean diving? You could get in some 110 ft. dives.

Anyone else have any dive trips that could prepare for a nasty FG trip? I need it! :)

Again, welcome to the board Marisa, and hope to see you at CS...and come to the dinner at the Ballpark this weekend!

Congradulations, you made it just under the wire as there are only about 6000-7000 slots left.

If you are available this Saturday night, you might consider our North TSDT dinner.

Hope to see you at CSSP this summer for some bubble time.

Yes, Welcome Marisa to the board and the team! Looking forward to diving with you sometime this spring. MakoSince70 and I dive at Clear Springs Scuba Park almost every weekend as do a number of the others. Hope to dive with you when it warms up!

Meanwhile........The TSDT northern get-together is this Saturday night as Sealskin and Catch-22 have mentioned. A great place to meet divers face to face from the board that live in the DFW and surrounding areas. Please join us.

Check out the posts relating to it or (PM) Personal Message me or ScubaTexan21 (Ken) for further details.

Basics-
When - 6:00 Saturday Jan 18th
Where - Front Row Grill (TGIF's) at the Ball Park in Arlington
Why - Because it's been too cold to dive together around here lately and we are all experiencing serious aquawithdrawal symptoms ;-0 Temporary relief: Talk about Diving!!
:D

Looking forward to meeting you, Bridget

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom