Marinelife and conditions Dec 2-10, Andaman Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report. I noticed the Vis wasn't great around Phi-Phi (~8m). Is that typical or a result of the rainy weather that's been around?

I'll be on Phi-Phi for 5 days in two weeks - any of those sites significantly better than others?

thanks,

bg
The visibility in that area is very unpredictable. Much tidal difference tends to lead to not so good visibility, but even taken that into account, there is no way to predict it.
There is no run of from water at most divesites, so rain does not influence the vis.

I would recommend the Bida islands, Shark point area, Koh Haa and Hin Daeng and Hin Muang as divesites.

Sweet report Bowmouth. You have a great memory for marine life. My capacity is about 5. Enough for customers log books.

Did you get any pics? I'm especially interested in the shark at Torinla. One of my customers reported something similar last week at Torinla and I thought she imagined it as she said she was scared of sharks and because nobody else in the group saw it.

Sweet report Bowmouth. You have a great memory for marine life. My capacity is about 5. Enough for customers log books.

Did you get any pics? I'm especially interested in the shark at Torinla. One of my customers reported something similar last week at Torinla and I thought she imagined it as she said she was scared of sharks and because nobody else in the group saw it.

No, unfortunately no pics. I left my camera at home...
I've seen some (poor) video footage of this same shark taken years ago by a friend in Surin. Still, no clue what shark it is...

No, unfortunately no pics. I left my camera at home...
I've seen some (poor) video footage of this same shark taken years ago by a friend in Surin. Still, no clue what shark it is...

I will not be leaving my camera behind anymore. We have multiple Surin trips coming up in the next weeks so I have my fingers crossed.

You are really diving a lot! I assume you are working these trips??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom