marineland - 8:30AM tomorrow! (sunday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
ok everyone

I had thought the vis was bad everywhere
but now that I heard Jim and Melvin found occasional vis up to 8 feet, well, that got my hopes up! 8ft sounds great to me...

So I'm going to marineland tomorrow at 8:30
if anyone wants to tag along, just meet me in the parking lot at 8:30
I'll be going rain or shine
vis or no vis

let me know if you think you are coming!

update: looks like pasley and jmccabe will also be there at 8:30... looks like a party!

Scott

MaxBottomtime:
I found another report from someone who entered off the point. They had a less than spectacular dive.
http://divevets.com/_disc1/00000098.htm

We obviously have different meaning of the word spectacular. Their dive sounded great! Thrown around by waves, smashed into rocks, but no permanent injuries... low vis, but no shark bites...strong current mean good exercise...

I feel the adrenalin running...

I'm getting psyched for tomorrow!

(* update *)

on second thought, upon reflection, maybe the dive tomorrow won't be that spectacular. The dive gods are angry - I should respect them. I'll think I'll sleep in tomorrow for a change.

Scott, you are just TOO funny! Next time you tell me a dive was "spectacular", I'm gonna have to give you 'that look' to see if your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek. But you get full marks for enthusiasm and inspiration!
Hope you slept the well-deserved rest of those who respect the small gods of diving.
Thanks again for the motivation to try Pt.Dume yesterday...definitely worth the effort and abundantly educational...good exercise, too, and less-filling!
A day diving with you is always a good one. See you Saturday for spectacular diving!
Claudette
scottfiji:
We obviously have different meaning of the word spectacular. Their dive sounded great! Thrown around by waves, smashed into rocks, but no permanent injuries... low vis, but no shark bites...strong current mean good exercise...

I feel the adrenalin running...

I'm getting psyched for tomorrow!

(* update *)

on second thought, upon reflection, maybe the dive tomorrow won't be that spectacular. The dive gods are angry - I should respect them. I'll think I'll sleep in tomorrow for a change.

Went, saw, and decided not to go in with Melvin and Jim. Water looked a little dark and brown and surf was just big enough to make ME think twice. It really is a lovely beach though and I am glad I got a chance to see it while visiting LA. Catalina on Friday and Saturday!!!!

Hey Scott,
Didn't get your phone message until Sunday after I got back from Disneyland. Sounds like you made a good call in sleeping in. Disneyland was great, sunny, warm, with acceptable crowds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom