Marine Studies Course TAFE Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Shaw

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I posted this in the Australia section but thought this section would be more appropriate.

Hi,

I thought people might be interested in this;

TAFE Northern Beaches has been running a Marines Studies Course for the last 4 years and is now taking enrollments for semester 2. I have been a teacher on this course since the beginning and it's a lot of fun and really prepares the student for working in the marine industry. You will need to be quick though as the course starts in a week or so and numbers are limited.

The course covers and includes:

Learn to Dive (SCUBA)
Supporting Dive Operations
Snorkeling
Deckhand Ticket including survival and fire fighting (plus some Coxswain modules)
Fishing (line)
Fish Habitats, Identification and Biology
Monitoring Biodiversity
Water Testing
OH&S
Tour Guiding
Aquarium Care

The course runs both and evening and day course and the cost is just over $300 plus around $250 in extras.. And some people can be eligible for a course cost of $50 instead of over $300 if they are on centerlink.

If you are interested you are welcome to email me personally or email Louise Cashion the administrator and one of the teachers at TAFE

Louise's email address is Louise.Cashion@det.nsw.edu.au Tel: (02) 9941 5332

My email address is jon.shaw@ginclearfilm.com

Ok so here are important dates if you are interested
Here is some more relevant info,

Info Night is Tuesday 28 June 2011 from 5:00pm 7:00pm in D Block, Level 1, Room 3 (D.1.3). and D.1.6

154 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale, NSW 2100

Enrollments are Wednesday 29 June 2011 12 midday to 7:00pm

Start date of Sem 2 is Monday 18th July

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom