Marine Biology Jobs Dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of excellent info in this thread. My career is engineering, but I'm also a senior in Biology, part-time goes real slow. I doubt I'd ever switch careers, but this stuff is good to know.

Side-note: One thing for sure, I wanna meet @Wookie, holy ****. You had/have an epic life journey...
Stay with the Engineering career field. Then you can fulfill any passions on the science side thru volunteering efforts.

I am a Wildlife Biology Major from Colorado State University, but after trying to support and raise my daughter thru a couple of recessions I soon found livable work in the Construction Management/Trades. After returning to school at night after work I earned my Construction Management Degree and now work in that field. I train divers part-time (so I remain enthusiastic at about teaching for low salaries) and devote a lot of my free time to conservational efforts. I no longer refer to myself as a Biologist but now a Naturalist.

Good luck with your programs...

~Michael~

Stay with the Engineering career field. Then you can fulfill any passions on the science side thru volunteering efforts.
Thanks Michael, that's pretty much my plan. I've volunteered for over four years now at the Denver Aquarium, every Saturday, so that fulfills a small part of my desire to be in the Marine field. The rest is vacations, incl. dives, etc. I just got back from two weeks in Ecuador, incl. the Amazon and Galapagos. Will post up some big reviews, pics, etc. in the near future.

Thanks Michael, that's pretty much my plan. I've volunteered for over four years now at the Denver Aquarium, every Saturday, so that fulfills a small part of my desire to be in the Marine field. The rest is vacations, incl. dives, etc. I just got back from two weeks in Ecuador, incl. the Amazon and Galapagos. Will post up some big reviews, pics, etc. in the near future.
If you are interested, I will be back in the US in September for my daughter's wedding. I would be more than happy to meet with you and have an open discussion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom