Mares XR 28 regulator for tec and cwd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use that regulator for teaching recreational and technical sidemount diving. The first stage is good. The turret also allows it to be used effectively as a deco/stage/travel gas first stage. Since it is sealed, it is fine for cold water. The second stage is only ok as it is seems to just be a copy of the recreational Dual. What is not ok is the coated miflex hose that it comes with. The hose is too inflexible for any diving in my opinion. I constantly found it forcing itself into a large halo around my neck.

I use that regulator for teaching recreational and technical sidemount diving. The first stage is good. The turret also allows it to be used effectively as a deco/stage/travel gas first stage. Since it is sealed, it is fine for cold water. The second stage is only ok as it is seems to just be a copy of the recreational Dual. What is not ok is the coated miflex hose that it comes with. The hose is too inflexible for any diving in my opinion. I constantly found it forcing itself into a large halo around my neck.
What is the 2nd stage you have ?

On the sidemount rig I use the mares 28x second stage.

On my technical rig for backmount diving, I only use Atomic second stages. I use mares 72x for the first stages.

Back
Top Bottom