Mares X-stream fins ??? Like or dislike???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen these Mares x-stream fins out for awhile now and have not seen any reviews on the forum yet.

I was thinking of getting a pair to try but was hoping to get some reviews from owners of the fin.

I have seawing nova and really like them but wanted to get a new set of fins for boat diving and use my fins I have now for the large soled boots and shore diving.

My thoughts.
They are extremely light weight and surprisingly responsive.
When I first tried them I thought they might be too soft, found that was not the case. I tried them one time with my dry suit, but the fin pocket is too small to accept my rock boots, other than that, the gear has been 3mm, single tank and less. Wish they manufactured an XL foot pocket so a rock boot would fit.
The 'pivot' took a few dives to get used to, but unless I pay attention to it, I never notice it.
Surprisingly, I can accomplish any fin kick I could with any other blade fin. I was shocked at first that I was able to back kick with the fin having such a low profile.
No noticeable issues with knee or ankle pains..easier on them than Mares Avanti Quattros for sure. Wish I had some Seawing Novas to tell you how the two compare.
With the vented foot pocket I have yet to struggle to get my feet out of the pockets.
Mares buckles and straps have held up quite well. I typically never give them a chance and throw string straps on from day one. These were given to me to try out and beat up...so I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom