Mares Web Page...HUH??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Rick, If you think that's bad you should check out their print campaign.
There's a memorable photo ( n my mind at least) of a couple on the stern of a boat getting ready to dive, with champagne in their hands, they look so tanned and photogenic..

In short they look like they've never had a dive in their lives...

I think maybe they're trying to link diving with high fashion or art or god knows what!
The website is pretty functional and straightforward though. Am I alone in that view??

I find their site pretty straightforward as well. Once the flash stops everthing else pops up pretty fast.
I never gave the cover page with the girl much thought. It's all about marketing. I've learned not to even notice. Not just this website but pretty much everything I look at anymore. That's why I had to go look at it again just now even though I was just there a week ago.

Besides, from what I've seen lately, Mares is more about fashion and marketing than the other companies who seem to still be function focused in their dive ads.

Just my opinion though.

scubamickey:
I never gave the cover page with the girl much thought.

That cover girl is the only item on the whole web site that I want...

If thats how she responds to a few drops of water I'd love to see what happens when shes immersed..

Even at work it's horribly slow. I'm running a new Athlon 64 processor with 1.5G RAM, with Windows XP Pro, a T1 connection.

The 1st page takes a full minute to load & display. That's just to get the choice of which language I want to continue with.

I am a professional software developer. It's what I do, what I've been doing for 23 years.

I'm not impressed. Web sites that lean heavily on fluff at the sacrifice of at least reasonable performance simply don't do a damned thing for me.

was actually asking myself that question when i saw it some time ago. i guess they are trying to be hip and all being the woman is wet and tasting saltwater on her skin. saltwater = diving. but the picture doesnt show her wearing gear, hell you cant see anything except her head which would make people assume that she is portraying a lifesyle which draws on the wants and needs attitude of the people. i think its savvy marketing gone terribly wrong. i get their point but it was trying to be arty and sophisticated but horribly flopped on this one.

Rick Inman:
OK, I guess I don't get it. I'm sure it's very artsy and all, but I just can't put it together with actual diving.

Maybe someone who's brow is higher than mine can explain this photo.

THE LINK

...and oh. You gotta' watch it for a while to get the full effect.

Rick,

Thank you for directing us to the Pirelli Calender reject models page.

I think they tried too hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom