Mares Web Page...HUH??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
OK, I guess I don't get it. I'm sure it's very artsy and all, but I just can't put it together with actual diving.

Maybe someone who's brow is higher than mine can explain this photo.

THE LINK

...and oh. You gotta' watch it for a while to get the full effect.

I don't get it either. But then I don't understand why businesses do home pages in flash either (or worse yet entire sites). Yuck.

Well, the people are wet.

I hate the page. I think it says a lot more when a company has a good, fast loading, well laid out web page that works (in several browsers) than a showy Flash animation that has a pretty picture but makes it harder to actually find any information.

well, I'm not sure I'm bright enough to explain this.

I think what may have been the concept behind it may have been that the girl is quite sexy (and sex supposedly sells) and that Mares used to run (AFAIR) with the slogan "Just add water".

I could be totally off though - maybe the concept is only revealed if you think it through in Italian :wink:

And I agree with Damselfish - I hate if if companies do their sites in Flash.

Now I know what the folks behind the first commercials for Nissan's Infiniti car line are doing now. You know, the ads with the trees and rocks and stuff, but no car to be seen anywhere :06:

Rick, If you think that's bad you should check out their print campaign.
There's a memorable photo ( n my mind at least) of a couple on the stern of a boat getting ready to dive, with champagne in their hands, they look so tanned and photogenic..

In short they look like they've never had a dive in their lives...

I think maybe they're trying to link diving with high fashion or art or god knows what!
The website is pretty functional and straightforward though. Am I alone in that view??

Blox:
.... and that Mares used to run (AFAIR) with the slogan "Just add water".
That's what I got as well. I think the "Just add water" thing is still going on.

As far as the girl......the ad people think that they can sell anything at all, so why not?

Jamdiver:
There's a memorable photo ( n my mind at least) of a couple on the stern of a boat getting ready to dive, with champagne in their hands
getting ready to dive, must not have been champagne - sparkling grape juice perhaps? :wink:

She :32: appears to be enjoying the water a little bit too much for my liking....:11:

Hold on - her caption reads 'sealover' - hhhmmmmmm..... That's a new one to me...

Where did mares find these people? The local loony bin?

Slowest web site EVER. I have no idea what, if any, text it has. I'm on a 50K dialup line & the page never finishes loading. I do get the tongue chick, and what is prolly a menu structure on the upper left. But the labels never fill in.

Not everyone has broadband. High speed connections simply do not exist at my address, I can't get one, period. People who design commerical, retail web sites should keep this stuff in mind when testing for performance.

They apperently have not yet, and at this point in time it makes the effort look very unproffessional & unappealing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom