mares tropic 3mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
done a search but nothing comes up so does anyone have any opinions/pros and cons/experiance of these suits

cheers in advance

:spaninq:

ok maybe i am being to specific, has anyone any opinions/pros and cons/experiance of Mares wetsuits at all...

Yep I have two Mares 3mm Tropics.
They are a really nice comfy suit, but I would wait for a month and get the new mares Trilastic suits.

Cheers
Chris

I've got a 3 mil Mares full suit too. The suit is not bad, although I wish the material was a bit more elastic, i.e. easier to don/doff, but maybe it's just me and I'll have to diet a bit :) The material is pretty solid though, the zippers too. The decorative seam stitching seems to have a tendency to come apart after a while. I rarely dive in my Mares 3mm these days, because I much prefer my 1mm Pinnacle Shadow for ease of donning/doffing and because I don't really need the thermal protection of a 3 mm suit (or any at all, actually).
All in all I'd say it's a decent suit.

thats brill thankyou, can you tell me if the cuffs have been rolled over and stitched or is the neoprene just cut off like on some bodyglove wetsuits i have seen?

as you can guess i am buying this on line.

I have a Mares 3mm that's a couple of years old. It has rubber seals rolled and sewn over the edges at the neck, sleeves, and legs.

thanks for all of you help, i have now ordered one delivered for £65.00 good eh!

huey1177.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom