Mares Trilastic 5-4-3 Deluxe or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am considering getting a Mares Trilastic 5-4-3 wetsuit. I can get a non-deluxe model for less than half the price of the deluxe. Can anyone tell me what is the difference, and if the Deluxe is worth another $150?

Thanks!

I own the non - deluxe version of Mares 5-4-3 wetsuit. My understanding is the deluxe suit uses super elastic neoprene for the whole body v. pieces or panels used in the non - deluxe. Personnally, I find the non-deluxe more that adequate in stretch. I found the sizing to be a little on the small side. But overall I get a great fit. I dove the suit to 51 F for 30 min. and stayed fairly comfortable - no way could I have done a second dive! My 2 cents, for 65 + F dives, buy the non - deluxe suit and use the spare change to buy the Mares boots, hood and gloves.

I am considering getting a Mares Trilastic 5-4-3 wetsuit. I can get a non-deluxe model for less than half the price of the deluxe. Can anyone tell me what is the difference, and if the Deluxe is worth another $150?

Thanks!

I have the deluxe version. Used it on a live- a board(3-4 dives a day) in the redsea in dec 2007, temp about 23-24 deg. celcius. The suit is very comfertable IMO, and when the rest of the boat use several minutes to get ín and out of their semi-dry, I was done in under 30 sec. Don't know how it compares to the standard version..

Best regards

I went ahead and got the non-deluxe version. I found at an even better price, so ended up saving about $250. I tried it on, and it went on very easily. I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning at Tunnels (Kauai).

I have the Non-Deluxe version. I love it! It is more than stretchy enough and moves very comfortably in and out of the water, and more than I expected in terms of warmth. Great Suit, I'd but this one again in a minute!

I went ahead and got the non-deluxe version. I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning at Tunnels (Kauai).

REPORT: It worked well: Went on easy, kept me warm, went off easy. Just one problem: It's too big! I should have gone for an eight. So I guess I'll be hawking it here or on eBay one of these days, and buying the eight. At least I know I really like the suit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom