Mares Titanium and IRIS Infraread Serial Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zed

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone at all been able to get a Mares Titanium computer and an IRIS Infrared Serial Connector to work together. I have been all over the Internet and support sites for each. I am a computer dude so I know my way around computers... I am using Windows XP Pro, patched up to date.

I tried being careful about alignment.
I tried changing the modem setting in the Modem Control Panel.
I tried removing the little plastic lens in front of the IR emitter.
I tried different serial ports.
I tried calling support at the big internet website where I got the IRIS device. (They said “idunno…”)
I have a fresh battery in the DC.
I tried a magical dance, complete with sacrificed virgins and crop circles.
I tried infinite combinations of all of the above.
None of it works.

Any success stories would be appreciated.

kThx

:banghead:

I have the IRIS that links via IR to my Mares MC1-rgbm.... It works great or at least it did.

I must have messed up something cause now when I try to connect I get a RUN TIME ERROR # 6

I think I have messed a DLL file or something. I downloaded the latest version of IRIS software ( V2.2.2 ) but it didn't help.

I'll keep playing with it. The only things that I have changed that might have caused it are....

1. I installed norton Internet Security 2005
2. I switched over to NITROX on my computer
3. I downloaded SCUBASE V3.2 software that reads the Mares profile data.

I'll figure it out and let you know what I did.

DI_Guy

Sydney_Diver:
Iris does not yet work with XP.
Mares are working on it.

Cheers
Chris

G'day Chris "good on ya" :

I have a Mares IRIS and it has worked well for over a year with XP HOME and XP PROFESSIONAL, so I don't totally agree with your comment. However, I have read lots a frustrating stories about getting things to work though with previous versions of Windows.

To date I have transferred 38 dives, however my last dive would not transfer over, I get RUN-TIME ERROR 6 " OVERFLOW" now.

I did purchase SCUBASE recently and was thinking that it has altered the database slightly. I asked Tech Support at Scubase and they said their access to the data base is a "read only" and should not have affected it.

I did the standard things like
- remove SCUBASE software just in case,
- remove and reinstall the IRIS software, ( I am on V 2.2.2 now, I was on V 2.1.1 before),
- remove the NI-VISA software that IRIS uses,
- delete the data base in case it was corrupted,
- checked my windows registry files,

What I have found out so far is that RUNTIME ERROR 6 is due to a corrupted DATA BASE with regards to the number format.

Anyone else have this ERROR NUMBER. I'll let you know what I find out.

DI_Guy

Sydney_Diver:
Have you tried it with a nemo ?

Cheers
Chris

Nope, not with a NEMO.... I have the Mares MC1-rgbm... I take it "the nemo doesn't work ??? "

Don't get me wrong, it's still a pain in the butt to get these things to work. ;-)

I still haven't solved my problem here and I think I am digging a deeper hole for myself.

BTW: I've been to Byron Bay, Chris.... Great spot,, loved it there.

DI_Guy

DI_Guy:
Nope, not with a NEMO.... I have the Mares MC1-rgbm... I take it "the nemo doesn't work ??? "

Don't get me wrong, it's still a pain in the butt to get these things to work. ;-)

I still haven't solved my problem here and I think I am digging a deeper hole for myself.

BTW: I've been to Byron Bay, Chris.... Great spot,, loved it there.

DI_Guy

The Iris with XP does not talk to the Nemo.

Try getitng the latest version of the iris software of the Mares Website, this should fix your problem with the M1, I believe the problem you are getting is a date conflict that occured on 1st April.

Cheers for that, Byron is a great spot, the Grey Nurse Sharks and Humpback Whales arrived over the weekend.

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
The Iris with XP does not talk to the Nemo.

Try getitng the latest version of the iris software of the Mares Website, this should fix your problem with the M1, I believe the problem you are getting is a date conflict that occured on 1st April.

Cheers for that, Byron is a great spot, the Grey Nurse Sharks and Humpback Whales arrived over the weekend.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks for the tip about April 01,,, I do have the latest version of IRIS software V2.2.2 and its not working. The April 01 comment has me thinking. The last successful transfer I had was on March 08. After that the next transfer with a new dive was middle of May, so the April 01 would fall in the range.

Do you know why "April 01 date conflict", with IRIS, with XP, is a significant date ?

I'll continue checking in to it.... thanks for the tip.

Cheers

DI_Guy

I have been on the phone with Mares support in Ct. They are mystified… They say it “should” work with XP pro but the tech at Mares had Windowz 98 on his machine !! The tech told me a week ago that he would check with the programmers in Italy (who probably get support from a call center in India – but I’m not bitter or nuthin…). I await their answer.

I think everyone on scuba board should call Dave at Mares (800-432-3872) and tell them that they have the same problem. Perhaps that will make something happen. :saeek:

It is ridiculous that such an expensive computer does not work. I should have stuck with my cheap and trusty Atmos II…

[QUOTE=Zed]I have been on the phone with Mares support in Ct. They are mystified… They say it “should” work with XP pro but the tech at Mares had Windowz 98 on his machine !! The tech told me a week ago that he would check with the programmers in Italy (who probably get support from a call center in India – but I’m not bitter or nuthin…). I await their answer.

I think everyone on scuba board should call Dave at Mares (800-432-3872) and tell them that they have the same problem. Perhaps that will make something happen. :saeek:

It is ridiculous that such an expensive computer does not work. I should have stuck with my cheap and trusty Atmos II…[/QUOTE]

Hey Zed .... Any luck? I can't get the damn thing to work either ...uugghhh!

Back
Top Bottom