Mares Smart firmware update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morey000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a casual 'vacation' diver. I've got a Mares Smart dive computer watch. (yeah, I know it's not a Petrel, the preferred computer of this forum, but it's fine for my needs) I see that a couple months ago, Mares came out with a new firmware version. v005. My water has version 003. According to Mares:

The update means improved battery measurements and pressure sensor readings and it can be found here in our downloads section

I don't have the PC interface cable. It seems to be pretty hard to come by ($120? if you can even find it).

1. is there a real, noticeable benefit here? Like- does it fix some important errors? Or is it minor.
2. Is it rude to go into a dive shop that carries Mares and just have them update it for me? (I'd give them some money to do it) Or is the pc cable a pretty rare thing. my shop doesn't seem to carry the product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom