Mares Puck Pro + VS Mares Smart?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wear a Garmin Vivosmart 3 above water, so I only need a dive computer that will serve me under water.
As I a technically stupid, it has to be simple. I only need air (no nitrox etc) and I do not dive deep. But I would like to be able to see the data on My Phone or laptop.
Have also thought about the i300, i300 or i500 from Aqualung. Does anyone have some advice for me?

The puck pro+ is not a great computer but it will do the job and is inexpensive. I am fairly certain that all currently manufactured dive computers will handle nitrox, so that shouldn't be a consideration for you.

I think the Cressi Leonardo is priced the same as the puck pro, so that's another inexpensive computer you could consider.

The inexpensive computers will require a proprietary download cable. They cost $50-$75 (USD). I couldn't say what they sell for in Denmark.

The more expensive computers will support bluetooth or irda data transfers. Therefore if downloading to your pc/phone is a must then consider the cost of the computer plus the download cable when comparing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom