Mares Puck Acting Funny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave.E

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While diving on my Mares Puck last week it was acting kind of funny. On my second dive of the day I began my ascent when the computer displayed 5 minutes until NDL at my depth. When I got to 20 feet (where it would usually start the safety stop counter) it beeped and displayed deep stop. A couple seconds later it flickered and changed to safety stop.

I dove on it the next day with no errors at all.

Is this weird? Is it worth getting checked out?

Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave,
This is something I can't really diagnose from here. Sounds like you were getting close to your NDL's which probably means you were at a reasonable depth when you started your ascent. The Puck computers will offer a suggested "deep stop" if you are deep enough to warrant it. If you ascend quickly it is possible you missed the initial recommended deep stop notification and when you got to a certain point it would switch to your recommended safety stop. Both of these stops are recommendations. Since you were not in a deco situation, the computer would continue to perform normally on future dives. If you are concerned, you can certainly have it sent back to us for a full diagnostic and test to make sure it's working correctly. This would be done through your local retailer. They would send it back to us. If I had to guess, it sounds like it's working correctly, but again for liability purposes, I can't stand on a firm answer unless our technicians were to go through it thoroughly. I hope this helps.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom