Mares Proton 42 Metal CWD kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mvergalito

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I purchased the Proton 42 Metal last year and have been diving in warm water. I know plan to dive in cold water with it (less than 50 degrees F). I am confused. Does this already have the CWD kit installed? If you check the specs on Mares.com, they list under the tech info:

Oil/Dry CWD kit - Dry

One would assume that it is already installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am getting Dry Suit cert this weekend.

Love this regulator!

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you like your regulator and I commend you on advancing your diving skills! To clarify the Proton 42 does not come with the cold water dry kit. This is an accessory that can purchased from any Mares authorized dealer. The Proton 42 is an excellent regulator to be used in cold and warm water applications. The metal second stage greatly reduces chances of icing occurring. If you are diving in conditions where the out of water enviornment is below freezing or in conditions that would be considered extreme cold, then this accessory is recommended.

Part # and description of the kit in question.
416852 CWD DRY Kit (MR42T)

I hope this helps feel free to drop me a note if have any further questions.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom