Mares product registration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBlueDreaming

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a webpage to register products instead of mailing in the card?

I recently purchased the Icon HD net ready and Abyss 52.

I am having a little trouble pairing the Icon to the tank module. But then I read a blog that says the module has to be on a pressurized tank. I will try it on a tank later on today. This does seem to show the manual is wrong. If the module shutdown when there is no air pressure, then the Icon can't pair with it. That unless the Icon can 'wake up' the module for pairing.

thanks,
jason

I've tried to register on-line as well. Never did find a site web page to do so.

Ended up sending the cards in....

Hi, as of now there is no online registration. You can mail or scan and email to me at zohara@us.mares.com. Most importantly you should save your receipt of purchase. This is your proof of purchase and will be required should you ever have a warranty claim. The Icon should pair fairly easily and does need tank pressure behind the transmitter. This helps to conserve battery life.

Best,
Zak

The Icon should pair fairly easily and does need tank pressure behind the transmitter. This helps to conserve battery life.

I ran back up to the dive shop after posting this and paired it on a tank with no problems. I understand this requirement and it's not an issue.

But, you should inform the tech writer that the manual is inconsistent with the actual process.
Also one last thing, the installer for Dive Organizer that comes on the CD is only set for the Italian language. I had to find the web installer and use that. I really enjoy the DO software and like that there is a SQL backend!! But still need some input mask checks on a couple of textbox.

Overall, I freaking loved diving with the Icon HD net ready this weekend. It is awesome.

Thanks

Zak, maybe you can help. Is it possible I have been sold an ICON HD that is too old to be used with the tank transponder? There is no mention of it in my manual that came with it, but a "newer" version of the manual talks about a place in the Set Computer Menu for pairing etc, but that doesn't exist on my ICON The firmware was upgraded to 2.11. (wouldn't let me install the firmware marked "Net Ready" version 3.06.
How do I tell the difference? Does "Net Ready" mean the wireless air-integrated model, and I have a previous one that won't work with the Transponder I was also sold?

Thanks! (Leaving on trip in 5 days, would like to sort this out soon!

Zak, maybe you can help. Is it possible I have been sold an ICON HD that is too old to be used with the tank transponder? There is no mention of it in my manual that came with it, but a "newer" version of the manual talks about a place in the Set Computer Menu for pairing etc, but that doesn't exist on my ICON The firmware was upgraded to 2.11. (wouldn't let me install the firmware marked "Net Ready" version 3.06.
How do I tell the difference? Does "Net Ready" mean the wireless air-integrated model, and I have a previous one that won't work with the Transponder I was also sold?

Thanks! (Leaving on trip in 5 days, would like to sort this out soon!

Hi,
The original Icon HD's were not "Net ready", meaning they did not have the hardware within to communicate to a transmitter. When the transmitter became available, we ran an upgrade program to get them into the Net Ready version if they wanted. This required sending in the old Icon HD for a new one. The old Icon's were "refurbished" and resold as non A/I computers. In the refurbishing process they were wiped clean of history and "marked" (digitally) "upgraded". To determine if you have this Icon you can go to Settings "about Icon HD" screen, the word "upgraded" should appear in the second or third line of information.

If you have this version, it does not have the air integrated capacity of the newer versions.

I hope this helps you solve your question.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Best,

Thanks Zak. That's what I finally figured out.

I did indeed had one of the "Refurbs" I believe my retailer who trusted his Mares rep. My shop was sold a A/I transponder (that had a dead battery) and one of the refurbs and told it would work they would work together, and my shop sold it to me based on that.

My retailer has since replaced it, without arguement with a brand new unit including a/i transponder. Now, to just get it wet in Curacao next week!

Thanks for your response. I hadn't seen it yet, and called the 800# at FLorida head office and Brad in Tech support was very helpful and helped me discover the same thing.

Obviously the Mares sales rep in my area is an idiot.

Hi Rick, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Brad is very helpful indeed. I'm sure you will enjoy your new computer as well as Curacao!

RE: Your rep comment. The area rep in your territory is very competent and a very intelligent individual. I would chalk this up to miscommunication between him and your dealer. These things can and do happen. I'm again glad it was worked out for everyone. Have a great trip.

Zak

Thanks Zak.

You're probably right that it was noting more than a miscommunication, I was a little hasty in my rude remark. You have to know I was cranky because the whole thing took about 5 trips back & forth to the dive shop before everything was finally resolved, so I was a little cranky!

Regards...

PS: Do you know if Mares stocks any parts for old Dacor Darwins? I am looking for a battery compartment cap.

Hi No worries on the comment. I understand frustration, just wanted to clear it up as it becomes permanent around (these parts (scuba board)).

We have Darwin battery compartment covers. You will need to have your local dive store order it. Here is the part #.

Hope this helps.

BATTERY LID,DIVE COMPUTER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom