mares package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

i heard somewhere on SB that leisurepro.com gets the best deal.. i chose packages and looked at the mares package #1. it was good i think.. can anyone tell me about this setup?

is it good value? $484.95
Blue Reef Regulator Bag, Black
Mares Mission 2D Two Gauge Console (FT/PSI)
Mares MR12 Axis Pro Octopus
Mares MR12 Axis Pro Regulator
Mares Vector Origin BCD

what happens if i get faulty equipment.. what do i do then?

thanks for your help

Jay

diver371:
Hello everyone..

i heard somewhere on SB that leisurepro.com gets the best deal.. i chose packages and looked at the mares package #1. it was good i think.. can anyone tell me about this setup?

is it good value? $484.95
Blue Reef Regulator Bag, Black
Mares Mission 2D Two Gauge Console (FT/PSI)
Mares MR12 Axis Pro Octopus
Mares MR12 Axis Pro Regulator
Mares Vector Origin BCD

what happens if i get faulty equipment.. what do i do then?

thanks for your help

Jay

Scubatoys.com will match the price and give you a FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY. With LP you get LP's warranty.

Here's a sample off the scubatoys website.

Dacor Eagle with Aeris Atmos BC and Gauges, and Octo

Here is a great package at an unbeatable price. This is not no name "Scuba Swamp", or "Compost Scuba"... This is Aeris and Dacor!!

We have taken our very popular Aeris Atmos BCD with these great regulators Dacor Eagle first and second statge and a Aeris Gyro Octo with your choice of a two or three gauge Aeris Analog Gauge to give you a top quality package below $500.00.

Price: Reduced to $484.95

I bought a similar package from LP a couple years ago, (all Mares) and love it, no problems at all in 20 or 30 dives. I also hear a lot of people that are not satisfied with their Dacor rigs. I think that LP is hard to beat price-wise.

ScubaToys is still limited in what they can sell online, even if they meet LP prices.

jonnythan:
ScubaToys is still limited in what they can sell online, even if they meet LP prices.

The only thing we can't sell is ScubaPro... but all our other lines, no problem... If that is what you mean by limited, correct, but he was not looking for any scubapro items.

Well, not to knock you guys, but LP seems to have several times your selection on gear.

jonnythan:
Well, not to knock you guys, but LP seems to have several times your selection on gear.
We are definately diffent business models. We have a 10,000 foot showroom people can come in and try stuff on, and we have a specially designed dive pool that we do classes in, and let folks check out their gear. We don't carry every product out there... cause honestly... some I wouldn't dive with. We also don't carry items that listing them on the site, or selling them would void the warranty. We have some brands we can sell on a phone call, but can't put on the net.

The other difference aside from warranty, is if you call up here and want to know what the IP of a reg is, or the algo of an Aeris computer, we won't respond "huh?"

But in any market there's room for multiple business models. It would be easy to bootleg products from overseas and sell without warranty - we just choose not to.

That's absolutely my point. You both, IMO, provide a valuable service and run good shops.. different goals, different value to the consumer, and there's room for you both.

scubatoys:
We are definately diffent business models. We have a 10,000 foot showroom people can come in and try stuff on, and we have a specially designed dive pool that we do classes in, and let folks check out their gear. We don't carry every product out there... cause honestly... some I wouldn't dive with. We also don't carry items that listing them on the site, or selling them would void the warranty. We have some brands we can sell on a phone call, but can't put on the net.

The other difference aside from warranty, is if you call up here and want to know what the IP of a reg is, or the algo of an Aeris computer, we won't respond "huh?"

But in any market there's room for multiple business models. It would be easy to bootleg products from overseas and sell without warranty - we just choose not to.

Hey Larry:

Interested in what kinds of wrist-mount nitrox capable computers you can sell by phone but not by internet. Can you email me with these. I'm trying to decide on a computer now. Like the looks of the Atmos2, but have used a Suunto Vyper before and am real comfortalbe with the algorithm/safety of it, just don't want to fork over the $530 that my local guy wants for it.

my01shadow@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom