Mares Opera Mask Disassembly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K

Contributor
Reaction score
My son has a Mares Opera mask, for which I've just mail-ordered corrective lenses... I had ordered from a LDS here in Warsaw, Poland; but after two months went by they decided they weren't going to be able to get them -- hence the mail order from the States.

Looks like I'm going to have to put the lenses in myself. I know it should take about 30 seconds, but I need to know what to do. There's a plastic "bar" across the top of the frame that I'm sure has something to so with popping the frame apart, but I don't want to start prying for fear of breaking the thing.

And/or, it looks like the covers over the mask strap swivels may have something to do with disassembly...

Any ideas?

--Marek

Marek K:
My son has a Mares Opera mask, for which I've just mail-ordered corrective lenses... I had ordered from a LDS here in Warsaw, Poland; but after two months went by they decided they weren't going to be able to get them -- hence the mail order from the States.

Looks like I'm going to have to put the lenses in myself. I know it should take about 30 seconds, but I need to know what to do. There's a plastic "bar" across the top of the frame that I'm sure has something to so with popping the frame apart, but I don't want to start prying for fear of breaking the thing.

And/or, it looks like the covers over the mask strap swivels may have something to do with disassembly...

Any ideas?

--Marek
Why wouldn't you ask the LDS to do it for you? And watch how it's done so you can do it yourself in the future.
Since you've ordered them from the LDS but they weren't able to deliver, they shouldn't have anything against helping you out :wink: It's just a matter of no longer than 5 min.

aquaoren:
Why wouldn't you ask the LDS to do it for you? And watch how it's done so you can do it yourself in the future.
Since you've ordered them from the LDS but they weren't able to deliver, they shouldn't have anything against helping you out :wink: It's just a matter of no longer than 5 min.
Hi Oren--

Yeah, that was going to be Plan B... I'm sure they'd do it for free, particularly since I bought my own mask and corrective lenses from them. I just didn't feel comfortable going in to them with mail-ordered lenses, and asking them to put them in.

I'll ask them when I go in to get my deposit back.

The place I'm ordering from in the States says the lenses are on back-order until 2 December... that might also explain why the LDS here wasn't able to get them...

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom