Mares Nemo strap ... customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where I can purchase a strap suitable for an original stainless steel Mares NEMO.

I live in the UK and cannot find an authorised dealer who has one, or can access one, so much so that after trawling the net I bought one from Italy.... was massively overcharged (by 13 Euro) for postage... only to find that the strap is thicker, the holes for the location screws are in teh bottom, not the side and the design is different.... as the Nemo has evolved.

I also have the added difficulty that one of the screws that secure the strap is worn, so also need a set of locating screws.

As has been mentioned in other scuba board articles, Mares are particularly elusive at speaking to their customers, which is not good for business, as I am now being faced with the prospect of having to buy a new dive computer, if I cannot replace the strap on my current one, which works perfectly... you just cant buy spare parts for it.

Is customer care and retention with Mares similar to that of Italian car manufacturers.... Great car, changes in design on a regular basis, parts are difficult to come by and when you find then are ridiculously overcharged.... I hope I will be proved wrong.

Can any Mares reps help out here.... please ..... original stainless steel NEMO needs a strap .... where can I buy one

thanks

Keith

As a follow up.... I contacted Ed Bulmer at Mares/ Head UK, who took control and ownership of the situation and resolved the problem.

As customer service goes... thanks Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom