mares nemo excel backlight problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
problem with backlight

Hi, I got a used nemo excel from a friend, and it looks as good as new, but the backlight will not go on when i press the top + button, does it need to be in dive mode, under water to be able to turn it on? i suppose it is a bit stupid, but after reviewing the manual, i can not determine weather it should work in time mode.. does someone has it and can u tell me does your work on time mode, on land? I noticed when i press + button for 2 sec there is a discrete sound coming from it(when I put it to mu ear) and it lasts for about 4 seconds, maybe the lamp is not working?

all the best simeria

Hello,

The backlight works fine on mine. I press 2 sec on the top button and the backlight works doing the typical little sound you hear for about 4 sec.

problem with backlight

Hi, I got a used nemo excel from a friend, and it looks as good as new, but the backlight will not go on when i press the top + button, does it need to be in dive mode, under water to be able to turn it on? i suppose it is a bit stupid, but after reviewing the manual, i can not determine weather it should work in time mode.. does someone has it and can u tell me does your work on time mode, on land? I noticed when i press + button for 2 sec there is a discrete sound coming from it(when I put it to mu ear) and it lasts for about 4 seconds, maybe the lamp is not working?

all the best simeria

Sounds like a low battery issue. Have the battery changed and then post back if that took care of the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom