Mares MR22 long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dimitriy_E

Reaction score
Dear colleagues,

I was successfully diving my twinset as indies before starting up IANTD Adv Nitrox course and I have to introduce long hose on my Mares MR22 first stage (Abyss 2nd stage). MR22 uses an oversized port for connecting the second stage. I found one single shop which sells 210sm (7feet) hose for MR22 and it costs 70euro (50quid) vs 30 euro (20 quid) for a standard long hose (3/8").

Question is shall I save money buying standard hose and connecting via adapter 1/2" to 3/8", or would I sacrifice breathing quality doing it ? Though first stage facing hose connector is oversize, Mares still uses standard connector on the second stage side of the hose, so I personally cant see how oversize hole on one side of the hose can make a difference while second side of same hose is standard size. Is it just pure marketing this oversize port or shall I not be greedy and buy the proper hose ?

Second question is if Mares produces 210sm (7 feet) long hoses so I could by the original and if yes, where is this shop/online shop?

Thanks!
Dimitiry
Belgium

Hmmm, looks like You are from Belgium - order it at Lucas Dive Store - I have paid something about 39EUR for 210 cm hose, 3/8 " for MR 22. You can get it delivered or pick it up whenever close to their location.
I would not go for any adapter, as it always is one more point of failure, which I personally try avoiding. As for the port, it is meant to be primary point, whatever reason - I would use it as primary (and in fact that's what I do). Since You are on two regs anyway - use it. Otherwise, finding a screw to close the 3/8" nest may also be difficult.

I also agree it is best to get the correct size hose for the MR22 hose. FYI the primary port is dedicated because it has our patented DFC (dynamic flow control) technology. DFC helps minimize intermediate pressure drop in the first stage when breathing. This is an integral piece of the puzzle that makes our regulators breathe so well.

Best regards,

Thanks for your responses!
Thats the thing, MR22 second stage port uses 1/2" connector which is not widely used. So I struggle to find such hose in the shop. Usage of 3/8" hose implies usage of add-on converter which you dont advise.

Thanks!
Dmitriy

Dmitriy,

While this hose may not be widely available they can be had. I don't know where you are located but last time I checked we had them in stock (U.S.). I don't have access to the part # right now, but I will try to post it tomorrow. I believe this is a part that can be ordered by any authorized Mares dealer.

Best

Zak,

part number would be great!

Thanks!
D

D,

We have these in stock in the U.S. Any U.S. authorized Mares dealer can order them. 7' hose for Mr22, # 46200504.

Best,

Usage of 3/8" hose implies usage of add-on converter which you dont advise.
No, it does not imply using it. You buy the hose with 3/8" end that fits perfectly the primary port (3/8") without any adapter/converter. Why switching to secondary ports if You can use primary one ? The shop I gave You in my first post has got those hoses available - even if they run out of stock, You can order. Drop them a line. Or call, it is in NL, not a big deal to call.

No, it does not imply using it. You buy the hose with 3/8" end that fits perfectly the primary port (3/8") without any adapter/converter. Why switching to secondary ports if You can use primary one ? The shop I gave You in my first post has got those hoses available - even if they run out of stock, You can order. Drop them a line. Or call, it is in NL, not a big deal to call.

This is the thing. Mares MR22 first stage uses 1/2" connector for the second stage attachment port, not 3/8". Therefore a special hose with such connector is needed or a converter from 3/8 to 1/2. Thanks!
D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom