Mares MR12 Proton v Aqualung Titan LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Ford

New
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new diver (12 dives and have passed my open water) - I'm planning to take my advanced in 2 weeks time in the Maldives. In future, I will mostly dive in warm waters but possibly, but possibly not, may do some diving where I live in Ireland (fairly cold most of the year) and I need to chose between the following two combinations: (By the way, for reasons too many & complex to go into its a straight choice between these 2 - please dont suggest anything else cause other options are not available to me)

(a) Mares MR12 Proton + Mares Rebel Octopus
(b) Aqualung Titan / LX Supreme + Aqualung Calypso Octopus

So guys, what should I go for...Cheers...JF

Both of them would make you happy. It comes down to serviceability in your area and personal preference. Both companies are big global player and you'll be able to get them fixed almost everywhere when on vacation.
FWIW, I wouldn't base my purchase decision on the opinions of self proclaimed internet experts and would take them both for a dive. Renting, testing and buying after the test is still cheaper than buying something that wouldn't make you happy and having to replace it. :wink:

Second to Aquaoren. I dive Aqualung & my daughter dives Mares. We are both very satisfied.

Good luck with your choice, whichever one you choose.

Both are very good regs. It does come down to getting it serviced. I really like the MR12 but that is becuase I work on them all the time and really like how simple they are but thats not to say the Aqual Lung is a good reg in it's own right.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom