Mares MR12 III service kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwrklt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to service my own regs like many others here and need help finding a good source for service kits for a Mares MR12 III reg. Have manuals and books along with tools thanks to this forum now need the last part to the puzzle PARTS. Have e-mailed scubapro no response back yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

.....AquaLung Conshelf, Titan and SEA 1st stage service parts will also work well and are about 1/3 the price of the Mares kit.

Hey thanks for the information fishpie, i will add those to my list when looking for kits, I got a response back from scubapro and they said they did not have the Mares. I will try them again with the new list. Any ideas for the second stage.

I second the above - I need to restore an old MR12 III. I could not locate the second stage repair manual in PDF yet. Same deal also -no parts kits located yet. I may have located a link for a "hard to find" rubber seat for the second, continuing the search . . . . .

I have 5 2nd stage kits. How many do you need?
I think I may have thrown out the manuals, but the setup is fairly simple, and there is a plastic demand lever height gauge for getting the correct height.

is there a link on line for service manual?
I'm not going to service my own reg, but I'd like to know how to tune it myself after the first dive after the service routine without returning to the dive ship

thanks

The MR12III is fairly simple overall. If I remember, the IP should be 135psi with a supply pressure of 500 psi to the regulator. The 2nd stage demand lever height above the 2nd stage body should be 5.5-6 mm above the body housing. Obviously, this is measured with the plastic cover removed. You can make a height measurement tool with an old credit card. Cut a notch about 1" long by 6mm deep in the card. Then rest the edge of the card on the body with the notch where the demand lever rises. Adjust the demand lever using the small Nylock nut so that it just touches the height tool. There isn't a lot of adjustment to it otherwise. The 2nd stage poppet is not adjustable.

Attachments

• Demand lever height tool.jpg
    Demand lever height tool.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 829

Back
Top Bottom