Mares 62X Regulator self service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cocopops

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get hold of the service manuals for the MARES 62X regulator for self service? Particularly the DIN version.

MARES seem very keen to keep these a secret when talking with them directly, so any help would be appreciated :)

I do not have the service manual for the 62X, but at least the schematics, so you know what to expect.

The MR52 is very similar, you can probably extrapolate fairly well from it's service manual.

Attachments

• Mares 62X - Schematics (2021).pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Mares MR52 - Service Manual (2012).pdf
    814.9 KB · Views: 88
Over the years I have gone through the pains of picking apart all the manuals and schematics that I had. Especially Mares annoyed me big time as they can't seem to keep one manual for one thing, but put it all into one big chunk. Nevertheless, I tore apart these PDFs and tried to sort them.
I did have a look at what you gathered and I reckon I do have all of this plus a few other things on Mares.

You can find them all, for all manufacturers I had stuff on at least, here. Yes, there is a signup, but that is only so that web-crawlers don't index it. I'm not too keen on any backlash from any manufacturer and there are too many crawlers not respecting a robots.txt...
There is no fees, no data collection, nothing.

I always believed this information should be in the public domain, as I'm a staunch defender of right to repair.

Keeping these things under lock and key does nothing for the bottom line of these companies. The only thing that has been achieved over the decades since this "hiding" of schematics and service manuals started, is having more and more uninformed divers. If you pull any 60s or 70s Owners manual, not service manual!, they included everything that was needed right there for you.

Instead of being told how to repair my car in today's society, I'm being told not to drink the battery acid, but I'm rambling...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom