Mares M2/Iris download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bert W Combs

Reaction score
I have the IRIS 2.3.0 logbook with an IR device to read my Mares M2 RGBM computer. However, I'm unable to download my dive info. Com port on device manager and serial port in the program are the same and the IR device shows "enabled." I set the computer to "PC" but still no info downloaded.
Does anybody have any secrets on getting IRIS to work or any suggestions on another program that I should try?
Thanks!
Bert Combs

Hi Bert,

Are you sure you are aligning the IR properly. The computer should be upside down w/ Iris sitting over the top. If this doesn't work, please post a "ticket" (question) on the Iris support website iris@softwaremares.com .

I hope this helps.

Best,

Thanks, Zak.
I have cured the problem by uninstalling everything. Including the "visa420runtime" component and starting over. What I may not have done initially was installing the 2.3.0 upgrade over the original program. Usually, an upgrade changes the program info but this upgrade apparently didn't change anything. (because the version numbers stayed the same)
I was able to download my log and for the first time be able to actually see my profile and realize more than ever that I need to work on my buoyancy control!
Thanks again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom