Mares Kaila or Mares Dragon AT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Kaila that I bought used - went diving last weekend and liked it....however I just discovered the Dragon AT. I like the design because I hate stuff cluttered up by my face and I always have problems with the hose inflator. Does anyone have experience with the air trim BC's? What do you like/not like about them?

I have a Dragonfly AT that I have had for about 7 or 8 years. I would definitly get another AT.
The only down side is that if you get salt water inside you have to rinse it out so the pneumatic valves don't rust.

Thanks for the info ontwreckdiver - I went to the shop to get one but they didn't have my size and it is now on backorder. I was hoping to have it before my next trip in October so we will see. Probably not a good idea to test a new BC on a trip anyway! I also heard that Mares is coming out with the Kaila AT so maybe I'll wait for that :wink: Thanks again!

I bought mine the beginning of this year from my local dive shop. Have used it for Nitrox cert in a cave/mine dive and also in Key West last month for my AOW cert.

I like it very much. Be careful to follow the manufacturing recommendation to not put more than 13 lbs in each ditchable weight (RDS) pocket. I had about 18 lbs in each pocket for a full suit cold dive in the cave and one of the ditchable weight pockets kept dropping out.

Also, the manual does call for unscrewing the manual dump valve and rinsing with luke warm fresh water after salt water dives.

Good luck with your....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom