Mares Isotherm Sizing help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone that owns a Mares Isotherm give me advice on sizing. I'm leaning more and more towards this suit and I cannot find a dealer in the area and want to make sure I get the right size before ordering. I'm 6' 1" tall 235 lbs 38 waist and 45 chest. Unfortunately this puts me at the very end of a XL in their sizing charts and right at the begining begining of a 2XL can anyone tell me if they generally run larger or smaller than labeled. Any help would be appreciate
David

PS. Also most of the Isotherms I've seen advertised are Gray and Black. I came across one called the Isotherm T on a website today and it is Black Blue and White. Any Idea what the differences are? The T mentioned that it has a new inner 2mm bid with it. Is this just a new version or 2 different suits?

I'm 6'4" and 225 or so... I fit into a 2XL and had more than enough room to wear a shorty underneath for really cold dives. It's a great wetsuit, but I smartened up and realized that a great wetsuit is still just a wetsuit. If I had to do it over again, I would have just bought a cheap old Farmer John and saved my money for a drysuit.

I'd go for the 2X. The Isothem does not need to be as tight as a regular suit. I have a 2X and at 6' and 280# it's now a "NO GO" for me.

Frank

6'3", 170lbs, 32"waist..large Isotherm. As mentioned it doesn't need to be as tight as a regular suit. As for the "T" I don't think that you will find it in the US. I know it is on Mares web site and I asked them about it and really didn't get a straight answer but that was the jest that I got. I don't think it is a semi either.

Might want to update your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom