Mares Interface for Puck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have downloaded the software, it says it is install on my computer. But, when I connect the interface cable to my computer, and to the Puck, nothing happens, it just sits there!! I can't find a way to start the Drak software on my computer, any help would be appreciated

Have you uploaded the "Dive Organizer" software from the Mares Website? You need to start Dive organizer prior to connecting the two computers before they will communicate.

Thanks for responding, after much trial and error, I discovered it was a windows 7 issue, it does not work with 64 bit windows 7. Any ideas if an update for 64 bit is in the works?

Windows XP mode to the rescue! I also had Win7 x64 issues and tried every driver I could find with no success. So I started XP mode, attached the cable to the usb and Puck, then in XP mode go to the USB tab and attach the device CP2102 USB to UART bridge. XP detects the new device - I told it to find drivers on the internet and installed. Then after it rebooted I reattached the USB in XP mode, installed the DRAK software and driver, and the green light came on on the cable. I then followed the instructions and set the Puck in PC mode and downloaded all my dives successfully (red light comes on).

By the way, I am using the SmartInterface cable that I got online, not the overpriced Mares cable. The Smartinterface cable cost me $63 and all software was free from Mares. Smartinterface is a European company - you can order from here: Smartinterface – Your online shop for dive related accessories. Works like a champ.

Good luck!

One more thing you need to download the DRAK.150.patch.A430.zip file, then copy the ScubaLinker.dll over the original file (in c:\program files\mares\Drak) or all of your data looks wrong. And, you have to change the Settings->metrics to Imperial unless you like meters instead of feet. Now the software matches the log book.

I can't find the DRAK.150.patch.A430.zip file you were talking about. Do you still have a local copy?
Thanks!

Just an FYI, Mares just updated their Dive Organizer software. It seemed to fix all the problems I had.
If you run into the same problems. Uninstall what you have installed, then:
1. Download this driver and install the correct version for your OS (CP210x Driver XP, S2K3, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software)
2. Download and install the software. (Dive Organizer - Web Installer - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software)
3. Run then close the software then run it again to get it to check for updates.

That should do the trick!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom