Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!!! Zak, when I see a new post in this thread, my heart skips and I think "it's out!!". I zoom here and....oh well. I'm worse than a 6-year-old waiting on santa....:madnoel:

Hi, We just released a new version 2.5 beta. Have you tried this one? Also if you have a previous version, it may be hanging up trying to overwrite. If this is the case, delete previous version from your PC and then try the new download. Let me know if you find this works for you.

Thanks,

zak

Hi Zak,

This was a clean machine, so no previous version installed.

What is the purpose of the DAN parts of Dive Organiser. I know that DAN collect data from divers, but there does not appear to be a means of transmitting the data to DAN?

Dear Mares
After searching and trying out various advise posted on you support site and on this forum I have conceded that I will never be able to link my Icon HD to my computer.

I am certain or hope that you are doing everything possible to resolve the problem but I certainly would not launch a product into the market unless I have tested all aspects of the product. Especially if the product is a safety device.

Also you have certain firmware updates on you site that is of no use to me due to the above.

In addition I have noticed that the device goes into deco long before any of the other divers using other brands.

So I tested it on 2 dives with my SUUNTO. The Icon went into dec mode and SUUNTO still had ample time.

As a part time dive instructor and dive leader I look like a fool.

Also, your dive times as displayed after the dive and the logged times do not agree and for wherever reason there is a minute difference.

Maybe all this is been corrected with your firmware update but due to the USB connection problem I will never know.

I have now put my Icon into deep storage and have gone back to my SUUNTO.

Regards
Samer Kovacs

Just ordered my HD, can't wait to play with it in Fiji. Air integration will be a must when it's available but I do have a question.

Has anyone found a bungee style mount for the HD? I'd like to get away from the watch strap style. I checked with deep sea supply and they don't make one for it.

Downloaded the software and while entering the info in the DAN tab where it asks for medications, it auto copied what I had entered for occasional asthma meds in the contraceptives field!!!! LOL I don't think that will work!

so glad you ordered it Sleepr - you are gonna love it like i love mine!

Well just got it finally and I'm so impressed. Had a few issues getting my laptop and the icon talking but got it resolved from the posts here. Thanks

Now that I have it in my hands I see how difficult it would be for someone to come up with a bungee mount. There's an accessory idea for you Zak! In the meantime a few suggestions, the next wrist unit should have a small attachement point for a wrist bungee or lanyard. I do not trust watch type pins or the band. Last thing I wish to deal with is a lost computer. I'll be looking for ways to add security to the watch band.

On the software side, it would be nice if we could change the units separate of each other. Living alongside the US we are faced with a lot of mixed standards. For example I like my computer's depth to be in feet but the temp in Celcius. I can't have those as a combo.

Looking forward to AI

What if you had bought one of these units used are you going to be able to get a AI upgrade?

Also My wife has the Puck and I have the Icon how do we run both on the same laptop? I installed the Icon and now it does not recognize my Puck. Any Ideas?

Icon uses dive organizer for download application. Puck and other computers use DRAK interface and software. Do you have both loaded onto your PC?

Thanks,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom