Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just received my new Icon HD. Everything seems to work fine but the bottom right icon is one of a lock not a computer like the manuals or web page?. Any Ideas? I have the latest firmware1.14. I will be using it for the first time in a week. Can’t wait!
The info you guys provide here is invaluable.
Thanks

mine is the same way. it is a feature to lock your computer. letus know how you like it.

sorry I am new in this forum and I did not found the rlevant section so you maybe can support me...

I have a question on icon HD and actually searsching on web I did not ind reply...
how is battery performace on this HD?
how many dives before charging?
how fast they recharge?

Indeed I appreciate...

Any feed back on this from anyone??

Any feed back on this from anyone??

I have about 50 dives with mine. I have done 5 dives in a day and the battery has gotten down into the 70% range. recharge overnight and you're good to go. I hope this answers the questions.

I have about 50 dives with mine. I have done 5 dives in a day and the battery has gotten down into the 70% range. recharge overnight and you're good to go. I hope this answers the questions.

Yes it does. My question is a little late as I ordered mine the night before. Should have it in hand by the weekend. Going diving in Phuket next week for a couple of days. Pretty pumped about the computer, it being my first.

My only other concern now, is someone mentioned (which I didnt read until I purchased it), that you have to take the dive computer back to the point of sale for warranty work. Is this true? I ordered mine online, plus when my work assignment is done Im moving back to Canada. I would have figured that any Mares distributor would take it in and send it to a technician for you. I didnt buy it here in Thailand as its like double the price you can get it elsewhere.

Yes it does. My question is a little late as I ordered mine the night before. Should have it in hand by the weekend. Going diving in Phuket next week for a couple of days. Pretty pumped about the computer, it being my first.

My only other concern now, is someone mentioned (which I didnt read until I purchased it), that you have to take the dive computer back to the point of sale for warranty work. Is this true? I ordered mine online, plus when my work assignment is done Im moving back to Canada. I would have figured that any Mares distributor would take it in and send it to a technician for you. I didnt buy it here in Thailand as its like double the price you can get it elsewhere.

I don't know that one. You might want to shoot Zak (the mares rep on here) a pm for that question. Good luck. You'll loved your computer.

Hi all, Mares is a worldwide company with a worldwide warranty policy. If you have any warranty issues within the next two years, any authorized Mares dealer can help you. Note: you must have a receipt of purchase, and have purchased the product first hand from an authorized Mares dealer. Warranties do not extend to 2nd hand purchases ie: used. So, you will not have to take it / send it back to the place of original purchase, unless it was a non Mares dealer. Let's look at the positive side and assume / hope you don't have to send it to anyone! :)

Hope you enjoy!

Zak

I just purchased an ICON HD. I can not get it to be recognized on my computer. I have the new organizer downloaded. I have also tried to download the software upgrade. It is in a file extention that my computer does not recognize (.enc) Any help?

I just purchased an ICON HD. I can not get it to be recognized on my computer. I have the new organizer downloaded. I have also tried to download the software upgrade. It is in a file extention that my computer does not recognize (.enc) Any help?

Same problem here. Worked fine, but after the update, nothing happens when I plug it it....acts as if nothing is plugged in at all.
Went to Mares site and there is no online support?

Just wondering if you can set an audible alarm when you hit a depth that you set? It's a feature my brother inlaw has on his dive computer I thought was cool.

Oh, and what do you do with the excess strap? Just let it dangle?

Last edited:
Ok, so I had my Icon out for the first time in Phuket for 3 dives. I was pretty happy with it over all, my only concern is the computer seemed to sort of reset its self before my 3rd dive. I didnt realize it. For the first 2 dives I would turn it on right before or during suiting up. I would jump into the water and make sure its still on the right setting before my descent. Before the 3rd dive I turned it to the dive mode before I suited up, got suited up, and jumped in. Before I descended I checked the computer and it was on the desat screen, so I just switched it to the dive mode and descended. When I returned to the surface and got out, I went to fill out my dive log. Thats when I noticed that something funny happened. The date had changed from Nov 18th to Nov 16th and the time had jumped by 6 hours. So I guess it didnt reset itself completely, but it thru off the date and time. So I had no way of knowing if the desat time and no fly time was accurate. My computer was showing 13hrs for desat and no fly, but my brother inlaws was showing 16hrs and our dives were pretty much the same. So I have no idea what happened or whether how accurate the desat time was, if that was reset or not.

The other thing we noticed, and I have read on here somewhere was the temp was out between the Icon and my inlaws computer by 3 degrees underwater. The surface temp was the same as one anothers. But I was wondering, depending on where the sensor is, maybe its detecting my body heat a little bit or something? And we only check one anothers computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom