Mares ICON HD vs ICON HD Black Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHaase

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any difference to these other than the color? I ordered a ICON Black Edition which just showed up yesterday... and it turns out they actually sent me a ICON (Not Black Edition). While I would have preferred the black one, if the only difference is the color than I'm not sure I care enough to deal with returning it.

Oh, one other thing. When I checked the computer, it did say it had 1 dive on it. I wasn't sure if they ship it preloaded with one dive to make it easier to play with the the before actually getting in the water OR if perhaps I ended up getting a computer that someone else had used/ & returned after one dive.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread but I'd love to see an answer to this...

I've been reading up on the Icon HD and it seems you're right--it's just the colour?

and
I assume the 1 dive in the log was the manufacturer testing?

Is there any difference to these other than the color? I ordered a ICON Black Edition which just showed up yesterday... and it turns out they actually sent me a ICON (Not Black Edition). While I would have preferred the black one, if the only difference is the color than I'm not sure I care enough to deal with returning it.

Oh, one other thing. When I checked the computer, it did say it had 1 dive on it. I wasn't sure if they ship it preloaded with one dive to make it easier to play with the the before actually getting in the water OR if perhaps I ended up getting a computer that someone else had used/ & returned after one dive.

I'm sure the op has moved on since Jan but yes computers sometimes come "pre loaded" with a dive as this is the computers test dive. My Frog and Petrel both came with 1 dive loaded.

Yeah, my Icon HD Net Ready 4.1 came preloaded with one (strange) dive. Date 1-3-1970 at 4:38 am to 187 feet for 29 inutes in a perfectly square profile. I don't remember my non net ready having a preloaded dive but that was a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom