Mares Icon HD battery charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghesso

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It seems to me that my Mares Icon HD does not maintain correctly battery power. I fully charged with the USB cable and after a few days of complete inactivity now power is at 83 percent.
Do you think it is normal or should I replace the rechargeable battery? who has the same computer can tell me if mantain complete charge or so without any use?

Rechargeable batteries will discharge over time with or without usage. 17% seems a little high though. The battery is not one of the HDs strong points. Hopefully Zak will advise. I suspect however that this is normal. Good luck.

Mine does the same thing. It will go from fully charged to dead in a week or so when not used. I know that rechargeable's self-discharge, but at the rate the battery drops it is definitely being used by the Icon, even while 'off'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My HD does the same. I would add that if you HD battery is dead. Make sure you set the proper date and time since they will be incorrect. Why the battery is due for replacement I will try to find one with a bit more mAh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On page 5 from the manual: "In sleep mode Icon HD uses up the battery at a rate of approx 4-6% per day,"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom