Mares - IceFit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TroyT

New
Reaction score
Hi..

My wife is looking at the IceFit drysuit. My concern is all the seams, in my view each seam is a potential failure point. I took a quick look at the Mares site and had trouble finding the warrenty info on the drysuits. Some drysuit companies have life time warrenties on the seams but not the seals. So I guess the question is what is the warrenty on the seams? Is it really just two (2) years???

Thanks.

Troy

Hi Troy,

Good question. The Drysuits come with a 2 yr warranty on manufacturers defects, this includes seams, seals, valves etc. I agree the website is a little short on detail.

Due to the construction, material, and cosmetics, these suits are by far some of the nicest I've seen in a long time. The seams are stitched, glued, and taped. They are very well put together. If you dont have any issues shortly after purchase, I wouldn't anticipate any issues down the road.

The Dynawave (neoprene) material is also unique because we compress the neoprene at the manufacturing level of the raw material, rather than compressing already made neoprene. This creates a more dense material resulting in a suit with greater resistance to pinhole leakage, and offers greater flexibility. (flexibility is one of the comforts lost when compressing neoprene). the Webtex material on the inside offers thermal protection but also creates thermal energy from the friction of your body and the material. This means you can wear less undergarments than if you were in some other suits.

Latex collar and cuff seals create excellent sealing with customizable cutting rings.

The vulcanized boots are comfortable, durable, good traction, low profile and have a fin strap retainer on the back.

Just above the boots you have vulcanized shin and knee protection. This is a high wear area especially for photographers.

The suits all come with hi end Si-tech valves (360* swivelling inflator valve), suspenders, butterfly LP hose, latex neck and wrist seals and a fully dry storage bag.

Troy, there are many suits out there. Some better than others, this one is definitely in the better category. It is extremely well designed and built. Utilizing the best materials, resulting in a stylish yet very durable and comfortable suit.

Where are you diving? Have you seen them first hand? Perhaps I can point you in the direction of a Mares stocking drysuit dealer to check them out.

I hope this helps answer your questions and alleviate any concerns.

Best regards,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We are located in Snohomish, which is north of Seattle a bit. Our local dealer carries your products so seeing a suit is not a problem. In fact when I looked at one the first time is when I became concerned about all the seams. I dive a custom tri-lam suit ( strange body ) and it has life time on seams, which is where the question came from.

In real life I run a testing group so I tend to look at things from the "how they could fail" point of view.

Troy,

You are welcome. I completely understand your point of view and honestly don't blame you. Especially when considering a relatively expensive purchase. I'll bet your diving in a USIA? They are great. I know them well, they not only make good suits but they are good people. As you know the tri-lam and compressed neoprene are two completely different animals.

I can tell you the Icefit suits are not known for coming apart at the seams. Also, if for some reason they did, it can be fixed.

The store your talking about must be Smokey Point? If you go in be sure to tell them I said hello!

Best,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom