Mares Ice vs Zeagle ZX/DS-V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle regs are created by Apeks. I ordered a Zeagle Flathead VI, first and second stage, and octo. At a cost of $950CND from the WHOLE SALE DEALER. Most regulators are tested passed 100ft, and they all pass, they all breath the same....etc.. there is no difference until you pass 200ft. Also most companies that sell regulators are not made by that company hense Zeagle is made by Apeks and their logo stampedon it.. The only thing I found out through research with regards to the Mares proton ice, is it sometimes pops when you breath... Another reg you might want to look at is the Scubapro MK 25.. it's worth the price and Scubapro makes it.. It also has an excellent warrenty(life time on all parts) and runs for $600 CND..

BEfore you buy make sure you do do the research, even ask at a local LDS what they would recommend for your type of diving. Make sure that if you intend to dive nitrox you buy a reg that will be compatible.....

Firediver:
Zeagle regs are created by Apeks. ... hense Zeagle is made by Apeks and their logo stampedon it.. .

Is this current information? :06: I had read somewhere that this was true a few years ago, but has since changed with Zeagle regs now made by Zeagle...

ScottZeagle...a little help here?

Firediver:
Zeagle regs are created by Apeks. I ordered a Zeagle Flathead VI, first and second stage, and octo. At a cost of $950CND from the WHOLE SALE DEALER. Most regulators are tested passed 100ft, and they all pass, they all breath the same....etc.. there is no difference until you pass 200ft. Also most companies that sell regulators are not made by that company hense Zeagle is made by Apeks and their logo stampedon it.. The only thing I found out through research with regards to the Mares proton ice, is it sometimes pops when you breath... Another reg you might want to look at is the Scubapro MK 25.. it's worth the price and Scubapro makes it.. It also has an excellent warrenty(life time on all parts) and runs for $600 CND..

BEfore you buy make sure you do do the research, even ask at a local LDS what they would recommend for your type of diving. Make sure that if you intend to dive nitrox you buy a reg that will be compatible.....

Well...............you were correct............5 years ago.

Zeagle regs are made BY ZEAGLE in Zephyrhills, Florida.

Zeagle regs have been made in Florida, by Zeagle, since 2000.

Prior to that, we sold Apeks regs with the Zeagle name on them.

Maybe this was an April Fool's joke, or Marty McFly just stepped out of that darn time machine...

:D

heehee :p... Just info I found out when researching the reg.. and then it was mentioned again in my Master Diver course.. now I know it's older info.. Thanks SteveZeagle

Mr Zeagle,

I am having a really rough time comparing all Ice Diving regs or at least about three or four of them. I have looked at your site and looked at Mares Proton Ice. I have heard some about Apeks and now Scubapro. I am looking at wanting to do some real Ice Diving not just cold water. Is there a place that I can look on the net or somewhere that compares good ice diving regs?

Thank you,

Spudusaf

I just got my ice diving specialty!!! Oh ya, I bought my proton ice reg over a year ago. Has preformed flawless! not one problem to date, easy to take apart second stage to clean, not overcomplicated. I would recommend this regulator! :07:

Well I took the plunge. I bought the Mares Proton Ice Reg and Octo. I got them both for cheaper than what I found in many other stores for the cost of the Reg. I purchased them directly through Larry at SCUBATOYS.com. He also gave me 10% off all other purchases for mentioning I was a member of Scubaboard. Very nice service. Will have them Tuesday when the items are sent out on Monday. Looking forward to using them in Ark in two weeks for the DUI demonstration Dry Suit dives.
:salute:
Thank you everyone for your input.

Spud

I'm sure you'll be pleased with your purchase. When you take it out of the box and hook it up dry, it may honk when you breathe through it. Mine made a popping sound until i got in the water.(I know you will try it dry, you won't be able to wait,I couldn't!) If you don't like it i'll take it off your hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom