Mares Hydrex Superdry Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linndie

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried searching the forum for any threads on this but I wasn't able to come up with anything. Has anyone tried these snorkels? There doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews anywhere for this :shakehead:

I haven't used it, but if you plan on scuba diving with it, I wouldn't bother unless you have very long surface swims or something similar.

I know I'm not much help, but it seems most here avoid "dry" snorkels (and any snorkel in many cases).

This was the only comment I have seen
Mares Hydrex Superdry Flex Snorkel from LeisurePro.com
I use Tusa Hyperdry. The Tusa in not a dry snorkel; it is considered semidry. I have Mares products and was considering their snorkel, but got the less expensive Tusa Imprex from SCUBAToys since they have a 10% discount for forum members $10 off certificate. Also, Tusa's fit my mouth and are comfortable for me. I wish I could have tried the Mares first, but I did not want to order to find out how it fit and performed.

As for snorkel use, it depends on your needs. 90% of my dives are in Kelp Forests and rocky sea grass areas. I only dive in the Ocean. I always use a snorkel when SCUBA diving. I have been using a snorkel since I was a kid. There is a lot to look at in the Pacific Ocean. Some of my biggest ling cods have been underneath me in less than 25 feet of water when I was kicking on the surface. I normally put my Reg back in my mouth before swimming down to shoot it. A snorkel allows me to look down from the surface without having to turn my head to breath or to loose sight of whatever I am hunting, reduces my chance of swallowing saltwater, and conserves my tank air while on the surface. If I did not have anything to look at, swam only in calm seas, or was able to swim on my back in areas without sea grass, kelp, rocks and other obstacles; I may not wear one. I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom