Mares frontier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregorio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I found a BCD Mares Frontier new for 100euro with waranty (www.entre2o.fr), I googled it and found more info about the Fontier Expedition and it seem it is a quite old model but not basic. Here's some quetions, knowing that budget is a real issue for me and I do not need any fancy or tek stuff to do rec dive in europe/tropics:

- did some of you tried it and like / dislike it?
- how old is it?
- is it worth buying for the same price a older-but-better or a recent-but-basic BCD?

Thanks

Ok everyone,
I moved this from the Mares subforum, thinking it might get some more action. Does anyone else want to tell gregorio that this is a good value at 100euro? Sounds like a nice price for a nice bc.. Admittedly a bit antiquated, but he is on a budget. We have many innovations since the Frontier, although my recollection is that it's a nice product especially for the price.

Hey,

I own a Mares Frontier and I am still diving on it, yes it is not the latest model but I works a treat for me. It is a very simple BC and the only thing that I sometimes miss is more D-rings for attacing my light etc. But at that price I would'nt think twice!

Good Luck

Phillip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom