Mares Carbon 52 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is99

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm going to purchase two regulators for me and my wife for diving mostly in warm water.
I been thinking about Scubapro MK25/S600, but I found a very good deal for Mares Carbon 52

Unfortunatly I could not find too mcuh reviews f this model and the most serius review I fong was in scubadiving.com and they wrote there that "Carbon’s mouthpiece sits farther from the face, and testers thought it felt bulky in the mouth" and "feels a little different in the mouth, something that will require a period of adjustment"

What do you think ? What should I choose ? Anyone has an experience with this Mares?

Hi guys
I'm going to purchase two regulators for me and my wife for diving mostly in warm water.
I been thinking about Scubapro MK25/S600, but I found a very good deal for Mares Carbon 52

Unfortunatly I could not find too mcuh reviews f this model and the most serius review I fong was in scubadiving.com and they wrote there that "Carbon’s mouthpiece sits farther from the face, and testers thought it felt bulky in the mouth" and "feels a little different in the mouth, something that will require a period of adjustment"

What do you think ? What should I choose ? Anyone has an experience with this Mares?

I haven't had a carbon 52, but I had a carbon 42. I probably put 100-200 dives on the carbon42 and I never really had any issues with it and it was very light in my mouth. From what I understand the main difference between the 52 and 42 is they added two more ports to the 52. You can find a good deal on a 42 (less than $400), and if I was going to buy another one I would pick up the 42 over the 52 because of the price point.

My main reason I moved away from the Carbon was that I wanted to go to a pure metal reg, so I ended up with an A700.

I know this probably doesn't give you much information.

Back
Top Bottom