Mares Avanti Quattro and size 7 feet (ladies)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Just wondering if any ladies (or men) who have ladies size 7 feet or smaller are making the Mares Avanti Quattros work? I got the size small fins and wear them with an Aqualung Superzip boot 6.5mm and am finding the fins a little wobbly. Feels like the fins are too much for my little feet to handle. My feet are all the way inside the foot pocket and my heels do not stick out much.

Anyone have a good alternative, if I can’t make these fins work for me? Thanks.

One more thing...what does it mean when my feet are tingly after taking off my fins? Are my fins or boot too tight?

Last edited:
I am size 6.5, I found my small Quattros a little loose. With 6.5mm 4th Element Amphibian boots in size 7 I got them to fit. IIRC I also swapped the strap for the smallest and used without any extensions.

If your feet are tingling them something is too tight.

Does yours have the bungee straps or do you have the adjustable buckles? If bungee straps, get something sized for youor adjustable. You can also get spring straps that are sized for you. I really like the XS scuba/highland ones.

Usually tingling is bad. Something too tight because blood circulation not good.

I have a 6 to 6.5 foot. With my Mares Trilastic 5 mil hard soled boots the pocket fills marginally loose but really no big deal. In my new Fourth Element thick soled boots the shoe is widged in the pocket so tight it is a struggle to get the fins off.

The tingle? Hard to say. May be the boot, the fin, the fin action or a combination of all three.

I am size 6.5, I found my small Quattros a little loose. With 6.5mm 4th Element Amphibian boots in size 7 I got them to fit. IIRC I also swapped the strap for the smallest and used without any extensions.

If your feet are tingling them something is too tight.

Thank you. I’ll try to find and try those boots.

Does yours have the bungee straps or do you have the adjustable buckles? If bungee straps, get something sized for youor adjustable. You can also get spring straps that are sized for you. I really like the XS scuba/highland ones.

Usually tingling is bad. Something too tight because blood circulation not good.

They have the bungee straps. I’ll check out the XS scuba ones.

The tingling was not with the Mares Avanti Quattro/Aqualung Superzip boot combo. I tried on my husband’s Aqualung Hot Shots in size regular with those same boots and my feet were tingling. I guess that combo doesn’t work either. It’s not easy trying to find a combo that works well.

I have a 6 to 6.5 foot. With my Mares Trilastic 5 mil hard soled boots the pocket fills marginally loose but really no big deal. In my new Fourth Element thick soled boots the shoe is widged in the pocket so tight it is a struggle to get the fins off.

The tingle? Hard to say. May be the boot, the fin, the fin action or a combination of all three.

Thanks. I’ll try different boots and see if I can make these fins work. I kinda like them.

@Dogbowl i have the Aqua Lung Ellie boots with the Mares Avanti Quattro + fins and love the combo. I wear XS scuba lycra socks inside out so the seam is not against my toes but against the boot. Super comfy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom