Mares Abyss & Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G@Diver

Reaction score
I was told by my IANTD nitrox instructor that i can dive with any reg. using any nitrox mix up to 40% without having to adjust it specaily for nitrox use.
i looked at my Mares Abyss Manual and i saw that is writen there
that the reg. should don't be use with nitrox.
so who is right ? can it be dangerous to use my reg. with
enrich air without adjusting the reg. speacily for it ?

Both Pearce & I have had Mares Abyss regs for about over a year and regularly dive Nitrox (32%) with them. I don't recall seeing anything in their literature about EANx.

Generally, the dive industry agrees that unless you are using OVER 40% O2 in the mix, that there are no restrictions on which reg you can use.

IMHO your instructor is right.

If you have any questions, why not call Mares & find out why they are bucking industry standards?

~SubMariner~

I agree with submariner.

The manual is hype to sell you a an O2 cleaned regulator.

My partner and I have used or MAres Abyss regualtors with nitrox, up to 40% with no problems for 3 years.

Have it serviced every year like you supposed to and you should have no problems..

Mike D

My girlfriend has Mares Abyss & i read the same warning in the manual. I phoned Mares however to check on this as we dive nitrox all the time. They told me that it was a spelling mistake & that the regs are fine up to 40%. If you have any questions on dive kit safety & limits i'd call the manufacturer direct instead of using forums. I know you can get some good advice but the maker knows best.
Good diving
Rob ()

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom