Mares Abyss MR22 Regulator - Brand New, Never Used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfcresearch

Reaction score
# of dives
Brand New Never Used Mares Abyss 22 Regulator, New in Box! ($450)

I won this in a contest, but I already have a regulator that I like, so this one goes up for sale. (questions--contact me at 347-302-9896)

FIRST STAGE

MR 22 diaphragm first stage featuring the DFC (Dinamic Flow Control) system and a replaceable HP seat connector. The high pressure poppet was designed for a "2 year or 200 dives" service interval; double the high pressure seat life standard!

Compact body, in a modern and smart style, it is made of hot-forged nickel-plated and chromed brass. It is fitted with a preferential intermediate pressure port for connection to the main second stage, plus 3 other LP ports and 2 HP ports. The latter are inclined at a 45º angle to allow a more rational layout of hoses. and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance.

SECOND STAGE

Abyss second stage, with its V.A.D. system, is made of nickel- and chrome-plated brass. This material offers a number of benefits, absolute ruggedness thinner walls, hence compact dimensions obtained without using smaller diameter diaphragms, this results in reduced water drag. anti-freeze function, which is enhanced by the "radiator action" of the metal.

Its streamlined shape optimizes the traditional profile that is now made efficient by the functional contour on the cover which were developed to make water inflow and outflow easier while breathing and swimming. The cover is made of technopolymer, a lightweight and impact-resistant material. The large manual purge button is placed in a central, perfectly ergonomic position. The mouthpiece is of soft hypoallergenic silicone: limiting jaw fatigue and offering a secure fit even after very long dives.

MR22 offers the unique Mares patented V.A.D. (Vortex Assisted Design) system. This system allows smooth breathing at all depths and is unique. Its operating principle is very simple. The air coming from the hose passes through the second stage valve and is conveyed directly to the mouthpiece through the by-pass tube. Within the mouthpiece, the air flow undergoes a "vortex" effect.Whenever this swirl occurs, the core of the vortex creates a low pressure area. This low pressure helps keep the second stage diaphragm down while inhaling, thus increasing the regulator sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom