Mares Abyss 22 Impossible to get parts for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I bought a mares abyss 22 last year. The exhaust tee on mine has fallen off several times, but I've managed to locate it each time. Usually it falls off in the reg bag. Anyhow, my last dive it fell off in the water apparently. I was mistakenly under the impression that it would be fairly easy to find parts for. After a month, two visits to two separate dive shops and a call to Mares I've discovered I was quite wrong. Mares doesn't have the part in stock and won't for another 4 to 6 weeks. It seems pretty sad that simple parts are that easy to find.

this is why i bought a scuba pro reg last year. Parts are much cheaper(free), not sure about the exhaust.

Heck I don't mind paying for it I just wish I could find them. 2 months in the middle of summer for a part that mares says not to use the reg without having is pretty rediculous.

They seem to have plenty of brand new Octos available with the part, so new customers are obviously the priority.

Hey Latitude22,

Sometimes it all depends on the dealer. I have one in stock and could easily ship it to you. Give us a call 519 434 2611

Cheers,
Doug

Heck I don't mind paying for it I just wish I could find them. 2 months in the middle of summer for a part that mares says not to use the reg without having is pretty rediculous.

They seem to have plenty of brand new Octos available with the part, so new customers are obviously the priority.

Sorry, i was light on what i meant. 2 years ago I waited 6 weeks for parts for an annual service. I did not want to go through that again.

ScubaMarc,

It must be your dealer... We have never ran out of parts for an annual service in over 30 years!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom