MARES Abys Regs Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Just got back.... The regs were set right in the middle of Factory Specs... Hooked it up for 30 mintues and no IP creep... And could not get them to create that nice little leak like they were that night... We took them apart and checked everything out and all is fine. We are thinking there may have been a little Sand or Salt deposit of some sort that was causing it. Hooked it up to a 2400 psi system and a 3200 psi system and neither created the leak. So diving them again tonight and will see what happens.. Going to upgrade to the new HP seat when I have them overhauled in April again... Keeping fingers crossed I do love this reg.

Great reg I have had one for years, the seats are a little troublesome though at the Hp and Lp end.

Greg Barlow:
If the IP isn't the issue, then the tech might have set the cracking effort too low on both of the second stages. When the seat takes its indentation, it can and typically does lead to a free flow if the adjustments were on the minimum end of the range.

I typically set the primary reg to flow at 1.25", and the backup reg to 1.5". This allows opitimum service with case geometry issues kept in mind. It also generally eliminates the nagging free flows that rear their ugly heads when a tech tries to get it "too good".

Larry has a very good point about upgrading the first stage to a spherical core seal sytem. This often leads to the first stage going at least 50% more dives before requiring replacement of the HP sealing part(s).

Greg

Mares Mr-12 can also use the same spherical core seal of V-16 or 32 ?

Arraial:
Mares Mr-12 can also use the same spherical core seal of V-16 or 32 ?

No, won't work in that one. See the first spherical core seat was the ruby... and that was just a MR22 with a ruby spherical seat. Then the brought out the v16, and v32 using spherical but stainless steel instead of a ruby. The only thing you can do to help with the "seat eating" mr12, is put a different, better flat seat in there. Apollo makes a poly seat with a 3 year life. And the same one fits the Mr12.

Of course you can only buy their seat if you use their split fins. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom