March Singles Trip to the Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There has been interest in Florida as a Spring Singles diving destination so people can drive in to meet us or fly in more readily from Europe. We started working on finding great rates and deals last November and even though it is still high season, we've gotten great rates and an even better trip planned for this popular diving destination. Our trip begins Thursday March 25, 2004 and runs thru Tuesday March 30th, 2004.....giving us 5 nights and 4 days of the best diving in the Florida Keys! Our trip has a twist....it is really 2 trips in one. For the wreck and/or intermediate and advanced divers we have the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb and the Eagle (my personal favorite) on tap for you on the Shadow, a comfortable 40ft boat designed with divers in mind. For the reef divers we have the reefs around Key Largo....some of the best reef diving available in Florida on your own 42ft reef diving boat! So whether you are an advanced diver or a novice or something in between....we have the perfect Florida Diving for you! (AND if you want to stay an entire week or longer, we have additional hotel/diving upgrade options available...see full details below!)......AND as usual....this trip will run REGARDLESS of the total number of divers that book for either package, so please book early to get cheaper airfare and make it easier on the trip sponsors...LOL!!! Discounts will be available for early booking.

You can choose EITHER the "wreck diving" option for 5night/4 diving days (must have advanced open water certification or above to book this trip) OR the "reef diving" for 5 night/4 diving days option and still be part of the same trip and same group! Both options can be extended for a full week or longer, however additional diving days MAY be reef diving and/or shallow wreck options. We will arrange for several 'meet and greets' as well as a fantastic send off so whether you stay 5 nights... or longer...you'll feel as if you got ALL the best Key Largo and Florida has to offer! Not to mention spending time with a wild and crazy group of scubadiving's finest SINGLES!!!

Duration: 5 nights / 4 days WRECK DIVING
5 nights standard room (double occupancy) accommodations at Kelly's Aqua-Nuts
4 days of 2-tank boat dives with Aqua-Nuts and Tavernier Dive Center
(NOTE: If we get enough people interested we can rent the entire boat allowing us to do 2 dives on the same wreck and a total of 3+ dives daily. All divers must be certified Advanced Open Water or beyond to dive the wrecks of Florida. You will also need to be a Medallion Member which supports the Florida Artificial Reef program. This charge is not included in the package price. )
Tanks and weights included
Continental Breakfast DAILY
Drinks, snacks and FULL lunch DAILY at dock of hotel
Group BBQ including steaks, chicken and seafood to get to know everyone plus adult beverages Friday after diving!
Group vans for dinner, sight seeing, pickup and return to Miami Airport* and MORE diving!
Free locked diving lockers to store dive gear
Free use of kayaks, heated pool, hammocks and more
Full Dive Shop on premises
"Meet and Greet" Parties
The official trip celebration and culmination party
Shopping and Sightseeing trips available
All taxes including hotel and diving taxes included
Transfers from Miami Int'l Airport if arriving on 3/25 from 12-3pm or departing 3/30 from 9-12 noon* (Note these times may vary. PLEASE ASK us if you flights are close but don't fall into these times!)
* We will be offering group vans to pick divers up at the airport as well as transport to dinner etc. This will prevent individuals from having to rent cars, however if you'd like to rent a car or are driving in, this fee can be removed from your package pricing.

Optional (not included in the package):
(1 or 2 afternoon dives)
(Single room upgrades available)
(Additional diving days and hotel beyond 5 nights available. NOTE: Additional days may be reef diving and/or very shallow wreck diving options.)

Not included:
Airfare from your city or location
Dinners except for group BBQ
Nitrox upgrades
Transport from airports other than Miami arrivals on 3/25 from 12-3pm
Return to airport other than Miami departures on 3/30 from 8am -1pm
Rental Gear if needed (Tanks and lead are included. Full dive gear packages including wet suit are available for a small fee (ask if interested) and you don't have to lug gear! If needing a wetsuit...recommend 3-5mil suggest you invest in your own if you can but our dive operator has a full line available as part of your rental package.)
Trip Commemorative Cap which includes your name and the trip details! (They keep you warm and make us look like a group!)
Specialty courses available, including Nitrox certification.
Florida Artificial Reef Medallion Sponsor annual fee. (Mandatory (per contract) if diving on the wrecks!)

Discount if booked before Feb, 25 2004

Duration: 5 nights / 4 days Tropical REEF DIVING
5 nights standard room (double occupancy) accommodations at Kelly's Aqua-Nuts
4 days of 2-tank boat dives with Aqua-Nuts
Tanks and weights included
Continental Breakfast daily
Drinks, snacks and FULL lunch DAILY at dock of hotel
Group BBQ including steaks, chicken and seafood to get to know everyone plus adult beverages Friday after diving!
Group vans for dinner, sight seeing, pickup and return to Miami Airport* and MORE diving!
Free locked diving lockers to store dive gear
Free use of kayaks, heated pool, hammocks and more
Full Dive Shop on premises
"Meet and Greet" Parties
The official trip celebration and culmination party
Shopping and Sightseeing trips available
All taxes including hotel and diving taxes included
Transfers from Miami Int'l Airport if arriving on 3/25 from 12-3pm or departing 3/30 from 9-12 noon* (Note these times may vary. PLEASE ASK us if you flights are close but don't fall into these times!)
* We will be offering group vans to pick divers up at the airport as well as transport to dinner etc. This will prevent individuals from having to rent cars, however if you'd like to rent a car or are driving in, this fee can be removed from your package pricing.

Optional (not included in the package):
(1 or 2 afternoon dives)
(Single room upgrades available)
(Additional diving days and hotel beyond 5 nights available. NOTE: Additional days may be reef diving and/or very shallow wreck diving options.)

Not included:
Airfare from your city or location
Dinners except for group BBQ
Nitrox upgrades
Transport from airports other than Miami arrivals on 3/25 from 12-3pm
Return to airport other than Miami departures on 3/30 from 8am -1pm
Rental Gear if needed (Tanks and lead are included. Full dive gear packages including wet suit are available for a small fee (ask if interested) and you don't have to lug gear! If needing a wetsuit...recommend 3-5mil suggest you invest in your own if you can but our dive operator has a full line available as part of your rental package.)
Trip Commemorative Cap which includes your name and the trip details! (They keep you warm and make us look like a group!)
Specialty courses available, including Nitrox certification.
Florida Artificial Reef Medallion Sponsor annual fee. (Mandatory (per contract) if diving on the wrecks!)

Discount if booked before Feb, 25 2004

Other:

1. The total trip pricing either for the 5 night wreck diving or the 5 night reef diving package includes an "EARLY BIRD PAYMENT BONUS" if you pay for the trip in full by Feb. 25th, 2004.
2. Both trips require payment in full if booking after March. 8 th, 2004 to guarantee pricing and availability. Pricing and trip spots after are not confirmed, however may still be available.
3. All trips must be paid in full by March 8th as departure is only 17 days later.
4. All travel must be completed by April 6th, 2004 to qualify for the special pricing. PLEASE verify your travel dates with me PRIOR to booking your airfare!!!
5. You can pay for your trip using check or paypal contact me for details. (Using paypal or credit card will entail a 3% processing fee as this trip is being done at cost for the benefit of the group members! Thank you for your consideration in this!)
6. Trip cancellation insurance can be purchased separately. If you have the DAN Master Plan then you will be covered for diving accident related coverage for losses due to having a diving related accident ONLY! (DAN insurance is inexpensive and is strongly recommended.) www.DiversAlertNetwork.org NOTE: DAN insurance or proof of similar diving related insurance will be required on this trip. DAN costs less than $100 for the year with various plan levels available.
7. You will be able to upgrade to a single room on either package, however most people will want to do the standard double occupancy to save money and I will help ensure that you get a great roommate!

This should be a fantastic trip....and we got a GREAT price break even though it is high season until after Easter! Don't wait too long...this pricing won't last and this trip will fill fast!

Please join us for a wonderful trip.....fabulous vacation.....the chance to make new friends....and maybe even spark a new interest....or two!

PM me for pricing and other details.

Anybody thinking about this trip I would highly recomend it. I haven't done this trip, but I have dove with Wreck Wench before and she goes well out of her way to make every trip enjoyable for all. I expect this to be nonstop fun..

And I just got back from a long weekend with Aqua Nuts, had a great time and would go back anytime.

I´m bothering Walter with all kinds of questions, dayly :)
Also I´m checking at work to see if they´ll let me run away...had something planned at work but am trying to move it...It sounds like great fun...3 others had already signed up (for the wreck option) last time I looked....

Sounds like fun Walter. Might as well add my name to the list. I may get there on the 24th and do some extra diving.

Dave

Argh - would, but it conflicts with two other things on my calendar on those dates that I cannot move. Barf.

I would try and make the trip, but I have plans for Vegas in April and just came back from a fantastic trip in Cozymel with the Cozy Singles last month.... but count me in when a warm tropical location comes up.. :D

I guess this is no big deal to you Florida Every Weekend Divers, but to this desert rat - hot dang! :jump013: I haven't been in the ocean since January, and I'm ready to pack!

I've done the Grove, Bibb, Duanne, and Eagle before - with these two operators, and I'm really looking forward to all 4 days of diving - or at least thoe 4 mornings. Don't yet know what other mischief we'll get into. Hopefully some extra wreck dives!

But I promise to behave, sorta'! don :yl2jump:

It's almost time!! Anyone diving on a Wreck Wench trip is pretty much assured a GREAT time! I wish I was going!!

Have fun!

Diverlady

I wanted to meet up with you all for the singles trip but the
marine conditions for Key Largo outside the reef was pretty
rough. I tried calling Kelly's but they had no info on the dive
party. I wanted to see if the group wanted to dive out of
West Palm or Jupiter where the seas were a little calmer. I
hope you all got a few dives in.

Diver Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom