March 26 Yellow Brick Road Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for that link.
Sounds like a do-able thing.
But is still too far out there to tell right now.
"Work sometimes calls on me with little notice."

Scuba_Jenny:
Anybody up for a beach dive? Meet say 8:30-9:00 at the parking lot?

Well i've been out of circulation due to my wife's busy season but it's officially over this weekend! So next saturday sounds good!

Anybody doing a shore dive this weekend?

Scuba_Jenny:
Anybody up for a beach dive? Meet say 8:30-9:00 at the parking lot?
OK, we're getting close. I'll be picking my regs up on Friday as we get close to Ft.Lauderdale and will get my tanks filled Saturday AM at FillExpress (probably as close to their 7am opening as possible). That ought to put me in the parking lot well ahead of 8:30. I'll be driving a white Toyota Sienna. If there's anyone going to FillExpress in the morning who wants to carpool to the dive site, give me a PM.

-Rob

Ok! I am psyched for the dive. It might be a little breezy, but still doable. Whoo Hoo!

Oh well. Traffic down I-75 was a mess in a few places so instead of getting in to Ft.Lauderdale Friday evening, we got to Titusville (just north of Kenedy Space Center) by 11:00pm and stayed another night. Got up and headed to The Scuba Center in Delray Beach to retrieve my regs from being serviced (they open at 10:00 on Saturday), made it to my in-laws in time for lunch, took the tanks to be filled and was ready to dive by 1:45pm.

Of course, that doesn't help much when the dive is happening at 9am!!

I just had a chat with Scuba_Jenny and she confirmed that the dive was great (figures!). If anyone is up for a dive during the week (or on Easter, 3/27/05), give me a call. (Mobile number in signature...)

-Rob

Yeah, Rob, it was a really good dive. Renee called me this morning, and we agreed to meet up for a dive. There was a slight breeze, the sun was shinning and the vis was at least 30ft. Saw spadefish, grunts, french angelfish, a tiny reef butterflyfish, couple sharpnose pufferfish, triggerfish, scrawled filefish, a cowfish. Nice easy diving. Thanks Renee for diving, and sorry Rob, you couldn't make it. Maybe next time.

There's a few folks meeting at my house tomorrow morning around 10 AM to dive- you are welcome to join them. I won't be home from church until about 1 PM but I'm planning on a dive in the afternoon.

Scuba_Jenny:
Yeah, Rob, it was a really good dive. Renee called me this morning, and we agreed to meet up for a dive. There was a slight breeze, the sun was shinning and the vis was at least 30ft. Saw spadefish, grunts, french angelfish, a tiny reef butterflyfish, couple sharpnose pufferfish, triggerfish, scrawled filefish, a cowfish. Nice easy diving. Thanks Renee for diving, and sorry Rob, you couldn't make it. Maybe next time.

Thanks Jenny for an awesome dive! I really loved peering into all those nooks and crannies! Too bad the "current" was so bad that we had to hang on for dear life- NOT! Hehehe!

Haven't found that little guy with the peacock eyes yet in any of my books and that pretty blue fish didn't look guite like the cromie in the ID book. Wasn't the black edging on the inside of the tail and on the dorsal fin?

Happy Easter! I'll talk to you later this week about next weekend.

Renee

The blue fish was a Blue Hamlet. My bad on calling it a chromis. Still, a good find! I posted a query in the "name the critter" forum for the blenny. I have not been able to find it in my reef ID book.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=92018

OTOH, looks like yesterday was the day to dive! Its a bit breezy here at the house, and I can only imagine what it is like at the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom