March 13/March 14 Contingency Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrankF

Reaction score
Anyone interested in going to Bainbridge this weekend? I know most of you are going to Dutch, but I lack the requisite hardware to go (I didn't know that they did platform cleaning dives as part of the AOW course--can't wait to get that training). I'd be willing to go both days if anyone is up to it.

Frank

Frank, if you want to do BSC Sunday I am game for that. Want to meet at the gate at 10-1030? Driving to DS twice may be kinda hard on the gas tank for me.

Sunday is good for me. I will meet you there at around 10-10:30.

Frank, there will be a couple of others meet us there also. See ya then

Fella's, is there a map or directions somewhere for this Bainbridge place. Sounds fun. I am scheduled to dive at Dutch, but if for some reason I can't, I'll see ya'll there.

easiest way for me to get there is go toward the Harrisburg Airport and follow 441 south, past 3 mile Island, through the single red light, by the convience store, then you will see the dive flag at the gate a few min later. Not very detailed but it works for me.

Lets meet at BSC Saturday at 10 am dive a few times there refill out tanks and dive Willow at 10 am on Sunday.

Wllow Springs is the site of, Lancaster Scuba Center's Otter Drysuit day on Sunday. So we can go look at gear on our SI.

Sorry for the last min change, to the weekend plan, but it will allow multiple dive sites vs one.

The theme for this weekend was limited visibility. Sylvester and I met up at Bainbridge on Saturday and decided to try access B for our first dive. Visibility was less than ten feet (depite the fact that the board at the shop said 40!) and the water temp was right around 40 degrees. We did a tour of a few attractions and then decided to move to access A for the second dive since some divers were doing work on the floating dock at B. Vis here was slightly better, around 15' feet at depth, but there wasn't the usual collection of fish around to keep us company. I was able to christen my new pony on this dive, though (if anyone cares).

Today we hit Willow Springs for 2 more dives. The visibility was less than 5 feet, but the diving was surprisingly good. After one unsuccesful try, we were able to get to the spring's key attraction--the Quest--which is about a 75 foot boat in around 40 feet of water. I also got to meet another Wreck Valley diver, ScubaPunk, and his buddies from Lancaster Scuba--great bunch of guys.

Sylvester and I were talking about doing Bainbridge again next Sunday...I'll start a "next weekend" thread with details later in the week if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Frank

Folks, it was a good weekend of diving, ya'll missed out.

Damn!

I didn't see this thread until just now. Probably because I was going to Dutch when it started. Thanks a lot Dutch!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom