Marathon, Florida Keys Diving and hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The viz in Marathon generally doesn't compare to Key Largo but there was one day where I could clearly see the T-bolt from the surface so it does happen, just very rarely. The last few times I've been on Sombrero the viz was nil and the reef is depressingly beat up compared to how it was when I was younger. That said it is still a reef and on a good day quite a nice dive. The Thunderbolt is probably my favorite dive in the Keys. There may be bigger wrecks elsewhere but I can do a fairly leisurely dive on the T-bolt and see the full wreck in one dive. It also has some great swimthroughs.

I too would recommend a car over flying. It would probably be considerably cheaper plus you get to explore some more of the Keys on the drive down. Two hours is about right for drive time based on my experience.

I agree, the wife and I have only been afew times and we have rented a car. I am not a very picky eater other than not really enjoying seafood and it's still hard to find a meal. Do yurself a favor and rent a car, you'll be glad you did.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom